S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

leak in the boot drips onto left wheel arch

Old 01-15-2018, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leak in the boot drips onto left wheel arch

Dear all, I have read just about every thread on this forum and google about S2K boot leaks, I have a drip onto the left hand wheel arch, you can see from the photos, the white powder is talc and to show where it fgalls and runs. I thought I had norrowed this down to the removable trim strip which I took out and found a slight cracking in the original seam sealer, so I went over this with Tigerseal and all seemd ok until the downpour last night and today when it is still drippign but not as badly. I can't see where else it could be
coming from , I would really welcome any suggestions in case I've missed the obvious. thanks in advance.

you can see the drips in the talc powder. I can feel up above it to some bulkhead where it is coming from.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:40 AM

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

I had a similar issue.

First, use a flash-light and look into the brushes -- vacuum and remove what you can by hand.Make sure your trunk is dry before this test, so you can rule them out if need be. Flashlight and pulling out your trunk lining (careful with the clips!) will help you find the source of the leak.

Second, top up, pour warm water onto the corners. Repeat with other side.

Get under the car, follow the warm water until you find the hole (plug it with your finger and you can feel the water stops dripping). Use a coat hanger or stick and poke from the bottom until it clears out and when the flow of water is fast (and not slow/clogged with debris).P.S. For me, it was the rectangular metal piece next to the soft top/trunk/quarter panel (held with a single screw/clip when you open the trunk) -- I needed to RTV/silicone under it, dry, and then rescrew to get rid of my leak.

For me, it was part #10 on this diagram: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...G+-+PROTECTORSPhilips head screw comes out, and you kind of massage/pull the part out (there's a clip on the other side that you don't have access to. Careful not to bend or break it.

Once removed, I'd pour water under there to verify. If that's the spot, dry it out completely, and Permatex/RTV it liberally at the metal seam and quarter panel:
Amazon Amazon

Has your car had the quarter panel on that side replaced out of curiosity?