S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Noises...please help

Old 11-24-2008, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noises...please help

hey im kinda new to the forum but have been reading for awhile....i finally got my s2k after three years of dreaming about one...i got a 2003 suzuka blue with 51,000 miles, and the car is very clean and well kept...The car is completely stock with the exception of eibach pro kit lowering springs on factory struts...now i noticed some noises that i know are not normal...Starting from the front of the car, when im parked and turn the steering wheel to the left and right i hear a grinding noise, im pretty sure it does it when im driving to its just that i cant hear it...the car drives fine but i know the noise isnt normal, anyone on this ??? Second, is when clutch isnt pressed i get a rattling noise when i do press the clutch it gets alot quieter, im guessing this is the clutch release bearing ??? Third, is when in gear and slightly taking off, i get a rattling noise from hell this is one of the most annoying ones...Fourth, is the most annoying one, coming from the rear, everytime a hit a slight bump in the road or practically anything kind of thing that would make the suspension work i get squeeking noiees, when going over speed bumps my sounds like its falling apart from the squeeking, and last and not least when im backing up slowly i hear a clacking noise, like clack clack clack...i dont want to do any mods till the car runs correctly...please guys help, i know theres people on the forum who have experience with this, yes i did search...got ideas of what it can be but not sure...thanx!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The grinding noise may be due to a brake line fouling on a control arm.

Squeaking suspension probably due to worn bushes. New ones available from Mugen/Spoon.

HTH
Old 11-25-2008, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by S2KJESSE,Nov 24 2008, 08:06 PM
hey im kinda new to the forum but have been reading for awhile....i finally got my s2k after three years of dreaming about one...i got a 2003 suzuka blue with 51,000 miles, and the car is very clean and well kept...The car is completely stock with the exception of eibach pro kit lowering springs on factory struts...now i noticed some noises that i know are not normal...Starting from the front of the car, when im parked and turn the steering wheel to the left and right i hear a grinding noise, im pretty sure it does it when im driving to its just that i cant hear it...the car drives fine but i know the noise isnt normal, anyone on this ??? Second, is when clutch isnt pressed i get a rattling noise when i do press the clutch it gets alot quieter, im guessing this is the clutch release bearing ??? Third, is when in gear and slightly taking off, i get a rattling noise from hell this is one of the most annoying ones...Fourth, is the most annoying one, coming from the rear, everytime a hit a slight bump in the road or practically anything kind of thing that would make the suspension work i get squeeking noiees, when going over speed bumps my sounds like its falling apart from the squeeking, and last and not least when im backing up slowly i hear a clacking noise, like clack clack clack...i dont want to do any mods till the car runs correctly...please guys help, i know theres people on the forum who have experience with this, yes i did search...got ideas of what it can be but not sure...thanx!
I'm pretty sure the rattling of the clutch is just flywheel rattle. Pretty normal if I'm not mistaken.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:26 AM

QUestion 2: sounds like a throw out bearing to me, time consuming to change
Question 3:taking off you get rattling noise, where is this noise coming from?if its from transmission your not working the clutch/go pedal correctly and your clutch rattles(happens to me occasionally)
Question 4:check your bushings and both of your rear shocks
Question 5: maybe one of the axles?does it make noise when you drive off slowly as well?
Old 11-26-2008, 06:03 AM

i think question 2 might be the throwout bearing, it happened in my 99 si, when i replaced it, it went away, but i hate the rattling when taking off, it feels like it coming from the tranny, lets say i release the clutch at about 3k, as the rpm's drop when the clutch grabs i get that rattling
Old 11-27-2008, 09:58 AM

cmon guys, i know someone out there knows
Old 11-27-2008, 10:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can't diagnose noises over the internet.

bring it to a reputable mechanic man! good luck.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:38 AM

as for questions 5.....if it "clicks" when going backwards and sometimes when taking off slowly, it is the shifting of your rear brake pads......sounds weird but i had a Honda tech of 30+ years tell me that is a common problem with are cars and accords.