S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Oil leak from allen screw in front of engine.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you read the post three above yours?
Old 03-18-2012, 05:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jedow
Thank god FOR S2KI !! My Hole has Been leaking for months now, and has got to the point where I am Losing significant amount of oil from it. I'll post pictures soon to show you how bad it can got. I thought the Gasket maker I put on it did the trick as a band aid, but no. And was looking to avoid pulling out the Whole Bolt. Well until I read this GREAT Write Up, Going to do it today. Not just oil pouring out, but it was also sucking in air and making my oil nice and throfty, lol, really. BTW, When you call Honda for the Part, they are going to tell you they don't have it. But after google'ing the number, I found out that 91301-PCX-003, is used for multiple O-rings on teh car. And on Multiple cars, So if you give them just the 91301 Number it can be cross referenced to other vehicles, civic, accord etc. OR Just get the 16mm OR 5/8 x 1/16, O-Ring from most Hardware stores, O-ring Kits or Auto parts Stores. THANK YOU VERY MUCH MP2k !!!! Saved me a lot time and risk F'ing up More Stuff!!
Name:  COLINwtf.gif
Views: 3687
Size:  4.35 MB
Old 07-24-2012, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jedow
Thank god FOR S2KI !! My Hole has Been leaking for months now, and has got to the point where I am Losing significant amount of oil from it. I'll post pictures soon to show you how bad it can got. I thought the Gasket maker I put on it did the trick as a band aid, but no. And was looking to avoid pulling out the Whole Bolt. Well until I read this GREAT Write Up, Going to do it today. Not just oil pouring out, but it was also sucking in air and making my oil nice and throfty, lol, really. BTW, When you call Honda for the Part, they are going to tell you they don't have it. But after google'ing the number, I found out that 91301-PCX-003, is used for multiple O-rings on teh car. And on Multiple cars, So if you give them just the 91301 Number it can be cross referenced to other vehicles, civic, accord etc. OR Just get the 16mm OR 5/8 x 1/16, O-Ring from most Hardware stores, O-ring Kits or Auto parts Stores. THANK YOU VERY MUCH MP2k !!!! Saved me a lot time and risk F'ing up More Stuff!!
Any Updates or Pictures on your O-ring Change?
Old 07-26-2012, 09:04 AM

Received 1,252 Likes on 763 Posts

This is very simple.

Loosen the camwheel bolt enough to expose the o-ring. DO NOT remove bolt all the way.

Change oring, touch of oil on the oring, then tighten camwheel bolt properly.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Billman250
This is very simple.

Loosen the camwheel bolt enough to expose the o-ring. DO NOT remove bolt all the way.

yes people...it's just that simple....
Old 07-27-2012, 08:15 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Boricua
Hey guys,

Mine is leaking as well... Is there any DIY with pictures so I can perform this job the right way?

I will definitely appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance!
LMFAO!!!!!! It never fails.

Thanks to all involved in this thread and the other one for the great info and pictures/DIY. I haven't noticed this happening on mine but will double check tonight.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:34 AM

where can I download the manual,for other jobs, everyone else downloads it but idk where to find it
Old 02-05-2017, 08:38 PM

Question

Originally Posted by Billman250
This is very simple.

Billman250, would you consider there to be any significant risk to a mere mortal DIYing this, assuming care is taken to back this out just barely enough to get at the old o-ring, and to carefully re-torque with a torque wrench? It's clear that backing it out further would be Rather Bad.

Seems simple, but @Slows2k 's answer of "the cams and timing chain tensioner need to be removed" is a scary proposition relative to that.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:49 PM

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by sqwsqw
Billman250, would you consider there to be any significant risk to a mere mortal DIYing this, assuming care is taken to back this out just barely enough to get at the old o-ring, and to carefully re-torque with a torque wrench? It's clear that backing it out further would be Rather Bad.
Just follow his advice to the dot and you should be fine! Mere mortals have to learn somewhere.

Pictures @ https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-un.../#post19873009 -- frankly in those pictures, it looks like it was loosened/opened slightly too much for my comfort.

Here's a DIY video from our very own Soviet:

Good luck!

Last edited by HarryD; 02-05-2017 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:05 AM

Received 1,315 Likes on 993 Posts

This seems like a very easy diy that anyone that is careful, and knows how to follow directions, and is aware of what not to do (loosen bolt too far), could accomplish.

Be sure to have a decent pick tool to remove old ring, so you aren't tempted to remove it too far because your lame screwdriver can't get the o-ring off.

Quick Reply: Oil leak from allen screw in front of engine.