S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

STAW AWAY from tirebuyer.com

Old 12-12-2012, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default STAW AWAY from tirebuyer.com

Hi guys..

tirebuyer.com just ripped me off. I accidently ordered the wrong tire and they wont take the tires back. Customer service was horrific...yet I ordered the correct 225/50/16 tires just the wrong speed rating.. and those POS wont let me send the tires back for the correct tires even if I pay the difference!!

So please stay away from these a$$ clowns...
Old 12-12-2012, 09:49 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

As long as the speed rating is over 100mph, you will be fine....
Old 12-12-2012, 09:58 AM

They are the wrong speed rating....With these Fusion tires on my rear I cant drive more than 40 mph around any turn if the gas tank is full, the car wants to just slide away. if the tank is close to empty the car is stable so I know it has to do with how these tires handle weight. And all I ask is they let me get another set and take these back but they refuse. What BS!

So now I have to drive my car with 1/4 just to keep the rear end on the road until I can come up with another $250 for ties. im so mad...
Old 12-12-2012, 10:22 AM

You tried the tires before you asked them to take them back?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

That sucks dude. But lesson learned. Over the years of trial and error, I have learned that there are very few budget tire choices that handle worth a damn on this car. The federal 595 is the only budget tire I have run in the past that I felt safe with. Most the rest are garbage. I have a feeling if the tire you have handles that bad, a better speed rated version isnt going to do much more for you. My advice would be to suck it up, go to Les Schwab (If you have one in your town) trade your current tires in for the Federals. They carry these right off their shelf. They will probably give you about $40 per tire trade in. And if you dont liek the Federals, they will actually take them back and give you a full refund within a timeframe.

The Federal SS595 is the tire at the bottom of the page in this link/

http://www.lesschwab.com/tires-car-performance.html
Old 12-12-2012, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by realblag
You tried the tires before you asked them to take them back?

yeah I had no idea that the car would be so unstable to drive. I ordered the correct size too...its more a safety issue than anything else at this point. All I want is an exchange, not a refund....

I had this same issue once years ago at Town Fair Tire in CT concerning my Kia Spectra. They took the tires off and gave me another tire brand and I paid the difference. That's all im asking for...
Old 12-12-2012, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
That sucks dude. But lesson learned. Over the years of trial and error, I have learned that there are very few budget tire choices that handle worth a damn on this car. The federal 595 is the only budget tire I have run in the past that I felt safe with. Most the rest are garbage. I have a feeling if the tire you have handles that bad, a better speed rated version isnt going to do much more for you. My advice would be to suck it up, go to Les Schwab (If you have one in your town) trade your current tires in for the Federals. They carry these right off their shelf. They will probably give you about $40 per tire trade in. And if you dont liek the Federals, they will actually take them back and give you a full refund within a timeframe.

Im in Westchester NY and never heard of a Les Schwab but ill def check it out...

What strikes me about the situation is how unstable the rear end is on these tires when I have anything over a 1/4 of gas...1/4 and under the car drives normally...never experienced this in any tire on any of my cars ever until now...

ive spent the last hour slamming this company online and posting how horrible they are all over CL in every major city.... I wont stop either im a vindictive f*ck when I feel ive been ripped off...
Old 12-12-2012, 10:33 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Well you tried the tires which means they are used. I wouldn't take them back either. You expect the company to take a $250 loss just coz you didn't take your time and make sure it was the correct part before ordering. The company is not to blame here...
Old 12-12-2012, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by s2000maniac
Well you tried the tires which means they are used. I wouldn't take them back either. You expect the company to take a $250 loss just coz you didn't take your time and make sure it was the correct part before ordering. The company is not to blame here...
Apparently you cant read, I never said I wanted my money back all I want is an EXCHANGE!! Ill even take a hit for them being used... just let me exchange them for a different brand..

Hell ill even pay the shipping back to NJ on these tires for some sort of credit...

If this were my company and a customer called with this same issue and the car was unsafe to drive, I would do my best to help them even if I had to charge them 50 bucks or something for a restocking fee, whatever. id do right by the customer like I do every day now for my own customers...
Old 12-12-2012, 10:43 AM

Received 220 Likes on 163 Posts

What are they supposed to do with a used set of tires? Do they have a retail outlet?

Quick Reply: STAW AWAY from tirebuyer.com