S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Under The Hood (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-under-hood-22/)
-   -   strong engine vibration at Idle and in pedals HELP!! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-under-hood-22/strong-engine-vibration-idle-pedals-help-1183258/)

03blues2k 03-30-2018 06:29 AM

strong engine vibration at Idle and in pedals HELP!!

Hi guys new Member here, first off I would like to say that yes I used the search function, I have looked through close to 100 forum posts and nothing is exactly like mine. That being said last night I was pulling out of a parking lot and was not used to my clutch letting go where it now does (I bled the clutch yesterday, which resulted in more pressure and a higher engagement point). So pulling out into traffic it I gave it a little too much throttle pulling out since I was not used to the new clutch position and sort of clutch kicked it out, nothing crazy just a tiny little kick out. Immediatly after this I noticed a strong vibration in the clutch pedal and the throttle, I ended up driving it home and after about 2 miles it got better. Once I pulled into the driveway though and let it idle the vibration is apparent, it literally feels and sounds like my car is just vibrating there. There was no loss in power etc at all VTEC still engages perfect etc, when the hood is popped there is alot of vibration noise up in the radiator/core support area. the top of the engine you can feel vibrating but you really cant tell it's that strong, once you put your hand towards the bottom of the engine (by oil filter) the vibration becomes more apparent. The car has no new noises or loss in power etc, the only symptoms again are alot of vibration at idle and slight pedal vibration at speeds, my thinking is leading me towards either the clutch or harmonic balancer? What are your thought or opinions, I greatly appreciate the help I have an AutoX event next weekend and I just want to be able to track this down asap!

hoobastnk90 03-30-2018 08:58 AM

clutch or pressure plate maybe on its way out?

THMotorsports 03-30-2018 08:58 AM

Check the condition of your motor mounts.

Car Analogy 03-30-2018 09:42 AM

+1 on motor mounts.

Also rule out anything silly like a loose heat shield. Exhaust, and also the one for battery.

Lastly, rule out serp pully issue by yemp remove serp belt, see of vibes still there.

MrFunk 04-01-2018 05:09 AM

Agreed with above.
Motor mounts check first then go from there. Since you feel it's running normal other than vibration my guess is that is your issue. How many miles are on your car?

twohoos 04-04-2018 10:46 AM

To check motor/trans mounts: Turn A/C on max (recirculate) but set temp dial halfway between hot/cold and fan on low (1 or 2 lights), so the compressor cycles on and off. With engine fully warm, let it sit and idle in neutral. When the compressor kicks in, there will be a sudden load change at very low rpm; if the mounts are in bad shape, the whole car will shake, like a momentary "death rattle". With new motor/trans mounts, the transition is nearly seamless (just a tiny wiggle in the shift knob).