S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Under The Hood (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-under-hood-22/)
-   -   Thanks to Billman, brake pedal air/travel (overnight brake pedal pinning) (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-under-hood-22/thanks-billman-brake-pedal-air-travel-overnight-brake-pedal-pinning-1178221/)

B serious 10-06-2017 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso (Post 24364296)
Do you need to disconnect the battery?! Yes??
I need to install my ABS unit and I've been putting it off.

Your brake lights will be on all night if the battery is left connected.

Maybe pull the brake light fuse if you're worried about losing radio settings.

Rayz_S2K 10-06-2017 01:30 PM

Ok so I just installed s.s. lines,pads and bleed the brakes. Felt somewhat spongy not as I would like them to feel. Went ahead and pinned the brake pedal with a piece of 4x4 and left for over 24 hours. Also did as billman said and disconnected the battery to prevent the battery from dying. Just removed the wood today and brakes feel 100 times better. Thanks for the info really helped.

Car Analogy 10-06-2017 03:32 PM

Amazon sells a tool that clamps to steering wheel, to hold brake pedal down. For service purposes. Its a sort of adjustable length rod.

A 2x4 works just as well. Brace against seat (with another 2x4 across base of seat to spread the load), and adjust seat fwd as needed to depress brake pedal.

S2K4WIN 05-18-2018 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Billman250 (Post 24363094)
This method was taught to me by an 80yr old gentleman at the time, over 25 years ago. He was the owner of a major truck and machine company out here.

Worked amazing! Forgot to disconnect battery though...so now my battery is being charged.

Thanks Billman!

AlpineFD 12-12-2018 09:45 PM

need to try billman's wedge method, do you guys start the engine first, use the power assist to wedge the brake pedal hard and then shut off the engine and disconnect battery?
i'm just worried using power assist would create too much brake pressure for sitting 24 hours.

nubbel 12-13-2018 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by AlpineFD (Post 24543332)
need to try billman's wedge method, do you guys start the engine first, use the power assist to wedge the brake pedal hard and then shut off the engine and disconnect battery?
i'm just worried using power assist would create too much brake pressure for sitting 24 hours.

Yes, while the engine is running give it two/three slow pumps then hold down the pedal with moderate force, shut off the engine and wedge it down.

The vacuum line to the break booster does have a one-way-valve which should allow for one assisted brake pedal press after the engine has been shut off, though.

Also, I wouldn't disconnect the battery as it resets your stereo and your ECU - idle relearn procedure required afterwards.

Just disconnect the switch above your brake pedal and your brake lights are gone :thumbup:

AlpineFD 12-15-2018 09:02 AM

i was kind of skeptical at first, but this worked ! Wedging it overnight firmed up the pressure point of my brake pedal quite a bit.
Thank you billman !!

i used this tool to wedge it

NNY S2k 12-15-2018 09:44 AM

Thanks to Billman I've done this before with excellent results. I used an extendable snow brush to wedge the pedal.
Levi

iam_ultrasonic 03-12-2019 03:44 PM

E-brake on or off for this method or doesn't matter?

Car Analogy 03-12-2019 05:08 PM

It shouldn't matter. But why not just leave e brake off? The brakes will be on, car won't move. Put in gear too if you're worried.

If your only overnight parking is on a hill, make it nose up. Make it easier for air to get out mc.