S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Under The Hood (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-under-hood-22/)
-   -   transmission or clutch problem? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-under-hood-22/transmission-clutch-problem-1192426/)

Alr8d 03-11-2019 05:41 AM

transmission or clutch problem?

yesterday i was racing my 00 ap1 and when i went to shift into 3rd the gear wouldn’t go in, so i basically slammed it into gear and dropped the clutch but it wasn’t catching. after that, it wouldn’t go into any gear and the clutch felt heavy. as i was having it towed (pulled by chain) i left the engine on because i didn’t want the brakes to overheat but in neutral. half way through the tow i hear a loud noise and my friend who was driving behind me said he saw some sparks from the front. after that i turned off the car but kept it in neutral. the car still cranks, but does not go into gear and also has a leak (reddish fluid)

the only problems i have noticed before this were : hard shifts into 1st and needing to give it a lot of gas for it to take off, gaseous smell due to evap delete, small leak of which i thought was oil under the front end, and smell of burnt clutch right before the incident.

Slowcrash_101 03-11-2019 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Alr8d (Post 24576166)
yesterday i was racing my 00 ap1 and when i went to shift into 3rd the gear wouldn’t go in, so i basically slammed it into gear and dropped the clutch but it wasn’t catching. after that, it wouldn’t go into any gear and the clutch felt heavy. as i was having it towed (pulled by chain) i left the engine on because i didn’t want the brakes to overheat but in neutral. half way through the tow i hear a loud noise and my friend who was driving behind me said he saw some sparks from the front. after that i turned off the car but kept it in neutral. the car still cranks, but does not go into gear and also has a leak (reddish fluid)

the only problems i have noticed before this were : hard shifts into 1st and needing to give it a lot of gas for it to take off, gaseous smell due to evap delete, small leak of which i thought was oil under the front end, and smell of burnt clutch right before the incident.

Probably a combination of clutch and clutch hydraulic faliure.

B serious 03-11-2019 08:32 AM

Probably should find the leak, eh?

So...it goes into gear, but doesn't move? Sounds like a clutch issue in that case.

RolanTHUNDER 03-12-2019 04:53 AM

Sounds like your clutch blew out. The sparks may have been caused by your clutch fork having come loose due to the clutch disc blowing out and contacting the road somewhere along the line while it was being towed. That's not likely but it is possible...

Soviet 03-12-2019 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by B serious (Post 24576265)
Probably should find the leak, eh?

So...it goes into gear, but doesn't move? Sounds like a clutch issue in that case.

+1