S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The &%$#@&&! Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 01:32 PM

Received 1,410 Likes on 765 Posts
Default The &%$#@&&! Thread

I thought we had a thread like this before, but I couldn't find it.

Annnnyway, Saturday morning as I was checking my e-mail, I got two from WalMart.com: one thanking me for updating my customer information, and the other confirming my order of an Xbox. That would be fine, except I had done neither. So, I called WalMart to find out what the deal was, and after about 30 minutes on the phone, was told not to worry, they would try to cancel the order, and in any event, should the order show up, just take it to my local WalMart for a refund. You mean you can't cancel an order since it has not shipped??? No reasonable answer given. At least I was speaking to someone in the US, even if she had a thick Arkansas accent. So, then, I called American Express to explain that apparently someone had hacked my WalMart account, using the credit card I had on file there, and placed an order that I did not authorize. The gentleman I spoke to ("Bruce," I believe his American name was...somehow he sounded like Raj on The Big Bang Theory ), kindly took care of cancelling my card, issuing me a new one (which came today, BTW), and assured me I would not be liable for this charge. Both WalMart and AMEX said to wait until today to make sure everything was OK. So, I checked my AMEX recent purchases today, and there is the WalMart charge for $208.97, big as life. Well, about 30 minutes ago, the door bell rang and the nice FedEx guy just left my Xbox. I guess this means that I must spend another hour or so on the phone trying to get this straightened out, plus I have to use my time and gas to return the Xbox to my local WalMart store, which, I hate to go in as much as Lainey does. All of this because about 6 months ago I ordered something from WalMart.com, since there was a deal that was really good. You can rest assured they will not get one more dime from me.

Thanks for listening, and now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Popular Reply

02-17-2022, 01:14 PM
Scooterboy

Received 2,526 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Any update, David?
Originally Posted by dlq04
We are hoping to hear some good news.
They removed her drain tube and IVs today and she came home. She is thrilled to be in her own bed. I believe PT will start next week and they will come to us.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:05 PM

Received 3,508 Likes on 2,374 Posts

I would call Walmart and tell them to send the return shipping sticker if they want "thier Xbox" otherwise they can come by and pick it up at the curb.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least the XBox was delivered to your home instead of somewhere else.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by boltonblue
I would call Walmart and tell them to send the return shipping sticker if they want "thier Xbox" otherwise they can come by and pick it up at the curb.
Jerry, I plan to do this.

Originally Posted by tonybell_57
At least the XBox was delivered to your home instead of somewhere else.
Tony, I think they were just seeing if the account was active and if there was no flack, then they planned to really stick it to me. Otherwise, why would they have used my home address? Glad I caught it when I did.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:29 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Gene;

My Visa CC card number was stolen during the Spring Fling event at Seven Springs a couple of years ago [I only used my Visa Card to pay for the hotel or my bar tab]. The charges were against Skype and Fed-Ex for a few hundred dollars. Since I get an email notification immediately anytime anything is charged to the card I discovered the charges the day we got home. In the end it cost me nothing but a bunch of phone calls and a couple of letters and a couple of weeks of aggravation.

If you expect identify theft and haven't already done so, put a [free] fraud alert with the three big credit monitoring services and notify the federal fraud agency [both can be done online].
Old 05-29-2013, 02:36 PM

Received 2,591 Likes on 1,568 Posts

This is something you need to be aware of if you aren't already. Scam artists will attempt to charge $.98 to your charge card to see if it goes through. If it does, they use your number all over the place. So far this has happened twice to the +1. Fortunately, USAA's fraud division has caught it both times, so obviously they are clued into this scam. He has gotten a new card both times, but it is a pain.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:22 PM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

I think I would have refused delivery. Why didn't they tell you to do that Gene?
Old 05-29-2013, 04:00 PM

Received 2,526 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Hey Gene, did you get the xBox i ordered for you? It was suppose to be delivered today. Happy birthday or anniversary, or something like that.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:18 PM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris
I think I would have refused delivery. Why didn't they tell you to do that Gene?
+1 on refusing delivery. Works quite well.

I don't bother asking anymore why anyone doesn't remember to offer a particular solution. The responses can become depressing. Mostly, they just forget that refusing delivery is an option, I think.

(humming an old Elvis tune... return to sender... address unknown)
Old 05-29-2013, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Hey Gene, did you get the xBox i ordered for you? It was suppose to be delivered today. Happy birthday or anniversary, or something like that.
Thanks so much, David! I hope Bubba treats you well in the big house!

The following users liked this post:
fredh5062 (01-24-2024)

Quick Reply: The &%$#@&&! Thread