S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The &%$#@&&! Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 09:16 AM

Received 3,513 Likes on 2,377 Posts

On February 3rd, I ordered a trash compactor online from home despot..
It was a good price, why not?
On February 4th, I got an email stating the order had been cancelled and the unit was no longer available.
Several other vendors said the same thing... boo hisss.
I found a vendor who isn't close by but who I done business with before.
They checked and got back to me" yup we can get it." it's more expensive but they can at least get it.
Fast forward I get call from Home depots delivery guys, " we want to confirm delivery of appliance.... huh wha???
They have my dishwasher in...check credit card, sure enough they processed a new charge on the 4th after cancelling my order.
Someone replaced my trash compactor with a dishwasher order or they replaced it with a trash compactor, for the same price... who knows..
after 24 minutes on the phone, replacement order cancelled.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:54 PM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

OK...I did two really stupid things in the past three days. Things I never have done before, so not sure why now. Fri evening we went to the KenCen for a concert. I'm always careful to put the tix in my purse. But we got on the elevator there, I opened my purse and no tix! Fortunately, the +1 was with me and we only live 10 minutes away, so he had time to Uber it back home and get them. Whew...Then today I went to the bank. The +1 happened to be working at home. I take the Metro up the road then walk back a couple of miles. It takes about 30 minutes. Well, when I opened my fanny pack (which I carry in my hand) to put the cash in, I neglected to close it. I got all the way home carrying it and looked down to get the key to the building and OOPS, I didn't close the zipper and my flip phone fell out somewhere. I was just about to walk back up there looking down all the way when the +1 said to wait. We went down to his car to ride back along the road and he called my number. An employee of the Starbuck's along the route found it outside and picked it up. So if he had not called and she answered, I would never have found it. Whew again...So I've not only been really stupid, I also got really lucky - twice! And my +1 seems to be the charm, so I guess I'll keep him around another 13 years.

Last edited by MsPerky; 03-12-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:24 PM

Received 4,947 Likes on 3,001 Posts

I like stories to good endings even in the The &%$#@&&! Thread.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:29 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
And my +1 seems to be the charm, so I guess I'll keep him around another 13 years.
Yep..... I'd say he was a keeper...!!!!
Old 03-12-2018, 04:49 PM

it's OK Deb 3 1/2 weeks ago I bought a new pair of Serengeti sunglasses.
Wore them for a week and "lost" them. They were in my coat pocket and then they weren't.
Hunted everywhere for them and finally gave up Saturday and ordered a new set which are waiting for me in the PO box.
My son wanted to borrow the GL today so I took the SL.
Want to guess what was on the front seat?

DOH!!!!
Old 05-14-2018, 03:28 AM

As I emerged from my bedroom this morning and came downstairs I heard this annoying brrraaaarrrrrr going off.
Hmmmm coming from cellar, open cellar door, oh yes I know that sound; that's the septic pump controller about to extort money from my wallet.
our leach field is above the holding and separation tanks. A pump then sends it up to the leach field.
For the most part I'm a do it yourself ind of guy.
NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE!! call the guy.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:37 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Yep, I'd say that is a call job. Not sure I'd want to live below the leach field.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:30 PM

Received 2,986 Likes on 1,661 Posts

Two gripes with good endings.

#1. My CITI Costco Visa got hacked, again! I wasn't aware of it but CITI called me yesterday, and asked about two charges that happened yesterday. Talk about being on the ball! They weren't mine so she cancelled my VISA and I already got the new one, today, in under 24 hours. I have to change eight auto pays that I know of.

#2. I've had two skin cancers; a basal cell on my left shoulder and a squamous cell on my right forearm. I know what squamous cells feel like. Tiny hard spot that slightly hurts. I saw my dermatologist in California, and pointed my new concern out to her, on March 6th. She just zapped it along with 14 other spots. It came back. I tried to get an appt. with her again and was told the earliest appt. would be at the end of June. I decided to try here in Colorado's Kaiser. I saw a PA on Friday, within an hour of asking for an appt, and he took a large biopsy of it, hoping for clear margins if it did end up to be cancer. I got the call, today, that it was another squamous cell and he did get clear margins. Yay! The Kaiser jerks in CA are making it easy for me to decide to pay more for Kaiser in CO and switch over. CA misdiagnosed my foot injury, too, and I didn't find out about extra two broken bones (heel and something else) until I insisted on an MRI, after five visits complaining about pain. My ex told me Kaiser in CO isn't good. I think he's wrong.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:39 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

^^^^Sounds like the medical people you saw in Co. are better than the people you saw in Ca.
Levi
Old 05-16-2018, 03:50 PM

Received 2,986 Likes on 1,661 Posts

Originally Posted by NNY S2k
^^^^Sounds like the medical people you saw in Co. are better than the people you saw in Ca.
Levi
^I think so, too! They are nicer and much smaller scale. Kaiser in California is huge. I still may get a tendon graft for my basal joint arthritis with a Kaiser surgeon I really like so I won't jump ship until after that.

Quick Reply: The &%$#@&&! Thread