S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

59 murdered, over 500 wounded

Old 10-03-2017, 02:02 PM

Received 2,586 Likes on 1,566 Posts

I saw an article that said the shooter may have been targeting the Life is Beautiful Festival on Sept 22-24, but he could not get a room overlooking the venue.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:14 AM

Received 706 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
I think the girlfriend will be the key here to finding out what his mental state was. If she talks.
Hope some news comes today about what she has to say. Unreal.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:34 AM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

OT: When I heard the terrible cellphone videos from ppl under cover --- could tell the guns were not being fired fully auto. Just didn't sound as fast or the same as the M16 rounds heard in Iraq footage or from Ken Burn's Vietnam series. I never heard of bump stocks before. Very cheap way to modify a semi-auto to fire a few hundred rounds per minute. Kinda disturbing.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:04 PM

Received 697 Likes on 473 Posts

This is absolutely sickening. When does this lunacy end. What's next, nursing homes, maternity wards, day care centers. It's almost like a I can kill more people than you can contest. We plan on staying away from events which draw lunatics like this madman.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:51 PM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
This is absolutely sickening. When does this lunacy end. What's next, nursing homes, maternity wards, day care centers. It's almost like a I can kill more people than you can contest. We plan on staying away from events which draw lunatics like this madman.
It's kinda hard to know what events attract this kind of lunacy. Guess one would need to scope out the venue and keep away from ones where you could potentially get trapped. That rules-out just about all sporting and concerts events. Parades, malls, and theme parks.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:13 AM

Received 697 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by windhund116
It's kinda hard to know what events attract this kind of lunacy. Guess one would need to scope out the venue and keep away from ones where you could potentially get trapped. That rules-out just about all sporting and concerts events. Parades, malls, and theme parks.
So true, what a world. We never had this kind of craziness growing up.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:21 AM

Saw a report this morning that said he also shot up two jet fuel tanks trying to get them to explode. But the bullets did not penetrate.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:27 AM

Received 3,500 Likes on 2,367 Posts

Now I have no way of knowing what he was thinking but I honestly think the tanks may have just been erroneous spray.
I suspect they'll find bullets all over the place around the area.
maybe that was his distraction plan to be able to get away.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:03 AM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

So as not to send this to the bin, I will be brief. We are now 4 days in, and we can be sure of at least a couple of things. He was successful in business and was considered wealthy. He was considered rather normal by the people around him. He was able to purchase and maintain an "arsenal" and drew no red flags. He had a psychopathic tendency that led him to believe that he had to kill as many people as humanly possible in the shortest time possible.

Now it is possible to "equate" a reason from what we know, but no one will ever understand why he did it, since apparently only he knows, as he left no message, and any words that are not his are merely speculation. As MsP said he had "probably" targeted an pop music event earlier but couldn't get the right room, so it wasn't an attack on "country music culture". We spend way too much time wondering why and not wondering how we can prevent it in the future, except to change our entire way of life. The question becomes whose way of life needs to change to protect all of us from someone that has fallen off the edge. Someone, that no one knows has slid over the side to a bad place and would like to kill any one of us for no reason.

We can not protect our future and the future of our family, friends, and neighbors, with constant post-mortems on the "whys" when those "whys" are pure speculation at best and simply wrong at their worst.

My advice, stay out of open areas, public areas, restaurants, malls, high school football games, concerts, and elementary schools because you never know whose going to show up, what a sad day for America.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:25 AM

^ It is ironic that he was apparently a country music fan.

Quick Reply: 59 murdered, over 500 wounded