S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Advancement in Robotics

Old 10-13-2018, 05:15 AM
tof

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,308 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmomiller

Good question. I feel the loss of privacy more than anything. We are the last generation of being non-monitored, non-tracked, non-identified anywhere, anytime, anyhow.

Almost gone are the days you could pay cash for everything and move about unsurveyed. I have heard others (usually the more youthful) say “I have nothing to hide”. That may be but it does not matter. It is freedom to do what you want (legal of course) when you want, and how you want, without some entity tracking your every move. I don’t want someone to know something or everything about what I like, what I watch, what I do, what I eat, what I drive, how I drive, how I worship, how I work, what my hobbies are, what my health is like, what I read, or what I wear.

No thank you.
Amen to this.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:58 AM

Received 3,520 Likes on 2,381 Posts

^^^ Absolutely concur. Think of it from a marketing perspective.
If I know how badly you need something before you walk in the store, I can dynamically adjust my prices to your willingness to buy.
I can adjust the interest rates you can get. or I can decide to just ignore you to go deal with better prospects.
It can grossly exaggerate the growing digital divide becoming a self-sustaining entity.
You can't get because you don't have.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:49 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmomiller

Good question. I feel the loss of privacy more than anything. We are the last generation of being non-monitored, non-tracked, non-identified anywhere, anytime, anyhow.

Almost gone are the days you could pay cash for everything and move about unsurveyed. I have heard others (usually the more youthful) say “I have nothing to hide”. That may be but it does not matter. It is freedom to do what you want (legal of course) when you want, and how you want, without some entity tracking your every move. I don’t want someone to know something or everything about what I like, what I watch, what I do, what I eat, what I drive, how I drive, how I worship, how I work, what my hobbies are, what my health is like, what I read, or what I wear.

No thank you.
Agreed. Government and corporations alike study us like ants in an ant farm.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:12 PM

Received 352 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
I feel this way myself sometimes. But then I ask myself, am I threatened by a more fearsome future or has age made more fearful and more easily threatened? I used to love change but now I am more comfortable with routine and consistency.
Ditto