S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Anyone purchased on 06 Civic?

Old 09-09-2006, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone purchased on 06 Civic?

My daughter has been looking at '06 Civics both here in SC and in DC. For the most part, dealers are asking MSRP or above for an 06. I know this is a popular car, but with the 07's already arriving it seems unreasonable.

Therefore, any purchase price information any of you can contribute would be helpful.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:59 AM

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,107 Posts

I have an 06 Civic Si. I was at the dealer the other day for the 7,500 mile service. While waiting I chatted with my salesperson. He said that they are not discounting any of the '06 Civics because they don't really have very much inventory left. They're pretty much sold out on everything. He even took me into the back and showed me an empty lot.

I think they had about 10 Civics (no Si, the Si that they have coming in are presold), 5 Accords, 1 S2000 and a few Elements and Pilots. They had no FITs in stock, and like the Si, those that they have coming are presold.

What he did tell me that surprised me is that they would have sold many more Civics than Accords this year if they could have gotten as many as they wanted, but they couldn't get enough Civics to meet the demand.

I've been dealing with this dealership for quite a number of years, and I've bought 5 cars from them. I've never seen their inventory so low.

I don't think they are negotiating on Civics right now, they sell them as fast as they get them. Honda and the dealers are having a great year.

By the way, the Civic is a great car. Honda got it right. Even at MSRP your daughter won't go wrong.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:56 AM

We've got an '06 Si too. You don't want to know what we paid. But it's worth every penny.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by raymo19,Sep 9 2006, 10:56 AM
We've got an '06 Si too. You don't want to know what we paid. But it's worth every penny.
I love my Si.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:14 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I tried to help my daughter buy a new Civic last week but the limited inventory and ridiculous mark-ups kept her from even getting close to a deal. She wound up with a Hyundai Sonata with more room and features for substantially less money.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:30 PM

Rob -

I'd send this by PM but in true Vintage fashion I thought I'd just hijack this thread.

I finally got the radio code for the Si from the dealer on Thursday. I spoke at some length with my assigned Service Advisor (a guy I went to high school with) who informed me that the ECU flash for the throttle hang was now available but he thought it was for a throttle lag.

Have you heard or done anything? I'm used to it now.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:37 PM

No nothing yet, and I just had the car in for service last week. They didn't know anything about the throttle hang fix.

I've gotten used to it too. I doesn't bother me anymore. As a matter of fact, when I took out the S today I sort of missed it.

Yflyer, sorry to hijack this thread, by Mike and I have had our Si's for a few months now and both of us love them. If your daughter buys the Civic and feels about it the way we do she will not have overpaid. Its worth the money. I now own the two best cars (2002 S2000 & 2006 Civic Si) I have ever owned, and I've owned a lot of cars.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:02 PM

Thanks to everyone for the information, and for the encouragement to go for the Civic. She made a deal this afternoon on an LX Automatic for about $200 over invoice. Based on the comments above, we feel good about the deal. Also, as a protective dad, I feel a lot better with her in the Civic than in the 95 Odyssey with 247,000 miles on it. Peace of mind when she is out on a dark Interstate.

Here is a lousy pic of the car and its proud new owner -- I forgot to take the belt clip off my phone. BTW, she was too nervous to drive it home, so I got the pleasure -- nice car.

PS: What's the throttle hang issue?

Old 09-09-2006, 08:10 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

For those with the SI's, is the ride similar to the S, or is it more comfortable? Now that Honda is coming out with a SI sedan this fall, I am considering trading in my Accord.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jet sitter,Sep 9 2006, 11:10 PM
For those with the SI's, is the ride similar to the S, or is it more comfortable? Now that Honda is coming out with a SI sedan this fall, I am considering trading in my Accord.
The Si's ride is very active and very firm. Its very much like the S in a lot of ways. In general it is a comfortable car, but it is also a lot of fun to drive.

I like to think of my Si as the "boy racer" in the family. It shares the same DNA as the S, but it hasn't grown up.

I don't know if that helps but if you like driving the S, you'll love the Si.

Quick Reply: Anyone purchased on 06 Civic?