S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Best deals for older iPhone models??

Old 09-13-2018, 06:23 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,524 Posts

I had a iPhone 6s and went to a 8plus. I recently traded it for a iPhone X as the 8plus was too big for my hand. I should have stayed with my 6S.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:21 AM

Received 702 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
I smile knowing new is not always better..... have to toss this into the discussion. I pay $20 every 3 months for my flip phone, and its smaller, no glass to break, and should I loss my life's story is not on it.
I still have my Motorola bag phone. I have a the 7 and like it. I don't use that many features but it helps with my business. I tried to get cash for my Flip phone when I got the 7 and that got big laugh. Offers?
Old 09-14-2018, 05:58 AM

Received 4,946 Likes on 3,000 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
I still have my Motorola bag phone. I have a the 7 and like it. I don't use that many features but it helps with my business. I tried to get cash for my Flip phone when I got the 7 and that got big laugh. Offers?
Mine was $12 in 2014.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:25 AM

Received 785 Likes on 435 Posts

I have this... Samsung Intensity III- it makes great calls and does texts fine . In support of full disclosure laws, I do also have an iPad with 4G with ATT on their original tablet plan of $24.99/month or maybe 29.99 - doesn't matter. I use that for GPS, some games, streaming, etc..

I'm in IT and get looks everywhere. I just don't have the need or desire to be connected to everything all the time.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:11 AM

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,420 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
I smile knowing new is not always better..... have to toss this into the discussion. I pay $20 every 3 months for my flip phone, and its smaller, no glass to break, and should I loss my life's story is not on it.
I know plenty of good iPhone repairpeople. . . but it also helps living in the belly of the beast.

As far as losing my life's story. . . uhhh, yeeeah, I work for a data storage company.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:20 PM

Received 458 Likes on 270 Posts

I will toss my two cents in here: I have an I-Phone 4 that I bought after loosing my job in 2011 and had to turn in my previous company phone. Last week I started to get a message about every fifteen seconds to authenticate my ID. Apple would send a message to my I-pad with a six digit code. The problem was that that the screen on my I-phone did not provide a field to input that code. So it went into a loop every fifteen seconds. So today I went to the local Apple store. I have to say that my expectation was that the I-Phone 4 was obsolete and they could/would not help me with this problem. Much to my surprise, I was wrong. The initial person that I dealt with put me in the que for the genius bar. After about twenty minutes (in a very busy store) a young man named Johnathan (who was in training) came over with a female named Annisa. and they spent over an hour trying to figure out this problem. They went through several steps to correct this problem. They finally came to the conclusion that they had to wipe my I-phone clean (like a new born baby) Fortunately, I had backed it up to my PC back in late August. As it turned out Annisa got off of her shift and the new person (who obviously had more experience came on deck and knew that I could have just inputted the six digit code behind my password. If she had been there earlier it would have save me over an hour or time. The good news (IMO) is they were willing to spend over an hour trying to figure out the issue. The bad news: There is no longer a depth of knowledge in most organizations due to turn over, of people that know how to solve problems. Next week when the new products arrive I will upgrade as my old I-Phone can no longer run apps that I like.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:23 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

So no great deals, then.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:35 AM

Received 352 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by coop
I have the 6s, really like it. But I don’t think that Apple is as good as it once was, seems to me there are more bugs. Right now I can not get my photos to sync between my computer and phone and iPad and Apple is not sure why.
I don’t think there is a perfect phone and I know people who love their 8’s so find a great deal and go for it
That's happened to me more than once. Using the link, below, as a reference, I found the following to work for me each time it happens. It happens usually after Windows updates.

1 - Hook up the phone to your PC via USB and then do 2, and 3 in proper sequence.
2 - Uninstall and Reinstall the Device driver for the USB connection
3 - Uninstall and Reinstall the Device driver for the Portable Device

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...e-in-computer/

The following users liked this post:
coop (09-20-2018)
Old 09-20-2018, 03:33 AM

Received 116 Likes on 77 Posts

I recently sold a brand new iPhone 8 Plus on eBay
Old 09-20-2018, 12:53 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,524 Posts

I'll sell you a iPhone 6s with a brand new battery installed.

Quick Reply: Best deals for older iPhone models??