S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners
View Poll Results: Can you or your +1 nap in the S while riding?
Yes
46.67%
Only can nod off slightly
6.67%
Just dozing
13.33%
No, though he/she/I have tried
6.67%
No way in ____
20.00%
Other
6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Can you or your +1 nap in the S while riding?

Old 09-12-2011, 04:33 AM

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,618 Posts
Default Can you or your +1 nap in the S while riding?

We were returning from Sturbridge yesterday. We had driven up Saturday evening, gone on a pre-drive for the Fall Crawl with PA Jim, had lunch then we headed home. I got behind the wheel for the top down drive home. It was beautiful out. We stayed off the main highway for a while, and got on the Turnpike, when we had just about an hour left to the drive. I look over at Rick and he's starting to I had the GPS, knew the way home, so I told him to go to sleep if he wanted to. It's not the first time he's taken a nap in the S when I'm driving (he's brave man ).

We've been on many road trips in the S with him doing most of the driving. No way can I fall asleep in that car. Heck, I can't even sleep on a plane.

Do you or your +1 ever fall asleep in the S? Not while at the wheel of course.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fell asleep several years. Matt said I was sleeping with my mouth open turned toward the next lane. He said people were pointing and laughing as they went by!! (and I'll bet you thought he was a nice guy!!) I mean he could of awakened me! But no, he was laughing along with them!!!

Old 09-12-2011, 06:54 AM

Received 2,962 Likes on 1,648 Posts

I used to get super drowsy and may have nodded off when riding with Spokes Man. I know I felt like sleeping. For me, I have to trust the driver enough to relax. I fight drowsiness a lot while I drive myself. Especially if I get stuck behind slowpokes.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:58 AM

Lainey, this reminds me of a friend, Mark, with an NSX, who I've know for 5 years. We did a long all-day drive last year and when we made a pit-stop I noticed his wife was totally out of it. He seemed a little embarrassed at how deeply asleep she was. I talked to him 2 weeks ago about it, since that Canyon Drive is coming up again, and this time he told me she had taken a half of a Dramamine. It knocked her out. She's decided not to go on drives anymore since she gets car sick or falls asleep.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Spokes Man
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1315839273' post='20964733
I used to get super drowsy and may have nodded off when riding with Spokes Man. I know I felt like sleeping. For me, I have to trust the driver enough to relax. I fight drowsiness a lot while I drive myself. Especially if I get stuck behind slowpokes.
^ Glad you trusted my driving while riding in the S2000, Kyras. However, I don't recall you nodding off while riding in my CR-V.
Yeah, we went to Yosemite in it and I stayed awake. Oh, yeah. You were on two wheels on the road into the park.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1315849003' post='20965340
...You were on two wheels on the road into the park.
^

I've never had the CR-V on "two wheels." That would be scary!
I was scared.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:09 AM

^^ Oh, I remember...the time I zig-zagged a little. I just like to "feel" how the car is planted on the road in case I need to do an evasive manuever. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.
Just teasing, Jerry. I was a little scared though. I knew how your S would take what you gave it, to there was nothing to be afraid of in it.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras
Lainey, this reminds me of a friend, Mark, with an NSX, who I've know for 5 years. We did a long all-day drive last year and when we made a pit-stop I noticed his wife was totally out of it. He seemed a little embarrassed at how deeply asleep she was. I talked to him 2 weeks ago about it, since that Canyon Drive is coming up again, and this time he told me she had taken a half of a Dramamine. It knocked her out. She's decided not to go on drives anymore since she gets car sick or falls asleep.

Tell Mark to buy Bodine. It is for motion sickness and doesn't make you drowsy!
Old 09-12-2011, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by plantpixie
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1315839493' post='20964747

Tell Mark to buy Bodine. It is for motion sickness and doesn't make you drowsy!
I need to buy Bodine! After ing at the last two Vintage meets.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:07 PM

We have yet to take a road trip in my S where my wife did not fall asleep

Quick Reply: Can you or your +1 nap in the S while riding?