S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

A car problem that I need some help with

Old 03-03-2019, 01:08 PM

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
I've only driven it 4 times in 6 months and this past week was the first time on an interstate. I must say I love the cruise control feature that automatically slows the car down if you are approaching someone in the same lane too quickly. I had ours set at 79 and sometimes I would get pinched in in the right hand lane, it gently slowed me down and as soon as the cars past in the left lane I would pull out and it went right back to 79. All that without ever touching the brake or gas. That's not a feature that they were puting on trucks in 1997.

BTW Rob, did you happen to read the R&T thread; if not, I think you will get a kick out of my post.
Is this possible? Two things that you like at Honda in the same weekend. What's happening here?
Old 03-03-2019, 02:48 PM

Received 4,919 Likes on 2,983 Posts

I can't be spending all my time on my Still, I am seriously disappointed how Honda US has handled this. They could learn a lot by looking at how Honda Canada handled the oil issue. They were right up front with their owners sending out announcements in the middle of last year and following them up letters that went into great detail; whereas the US letters explain nothing and do not even mention an oil issue.

Honda Canada offered extended warranties on select parts..... ok, I'm getting off my but I didn't want you think it is all now.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:52 PM

I can't be spending all my time on my Still, I am seriously disappointed how Honda US has handled this. They could learn a lot by looking at how Honda Canada handled the oil issue. They were right up front with their owners sending out announcements in the middle of last year and following them up letters that went into great detail; whereas the US letters explain nothing and do not even mention an oil issue.

Honda Canada offered extended warranties on select parts..... ok, I'm getting off my but I didn't want you think it is all now.
Not to worry. I didn't think it was all love yet. It's hard to turn a Honda Hater in one weekend. I'm a patient man. You'll come around.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by ralper
Not to worry. I didn't think it was all love yet. It's hard to turn a Honda Hater in one weekend. I'm a patient man. You'll come around.
True, but maybe I could make you question your high praise. This is an attachment from Canada but they have just put in writing what dealers in the US are telling customers.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:27 PM

Its 20*f tonight but my Si started right up. I'm hoping the problem has dissappeared.

the true test will be the next few days with the temperatures expected to be in the teens.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:25 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by ralper
Its 20*f tonight but my Si started right up. I'm hoping the problem has dissappeared.

the true test will be the next few days with the temperatures expected to be in the teens.
Good luck, Rob. I hope it is all better. I think your problem taught us all quite a bit.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:55 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

True, but maybe I could make you question your high praise. This is an attachment from Canada but they have just put in writing what dealers in the US are telling customers.

Wow, never heard such artful sugar coating to improve confidence in a serious issue such as fuel washing. Limiting the warrantee to just the valvetrain would do nothing to assure me. I'm sorry, but if enough fuel has got into the oil to perceive an increase in level, logically the oils ability to do its job has been compromised and premature wear and tear is being done. Has someone not sent out a sample to Blackstone for an actual oil analysis? They can tell you what the exact percentage of fuel is safe as the control and what's in this oil.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Has someone not sent out a sample to Blackstone for an actual oil analysis? They can tell you what the exact percentage of fuel is safe as the control and what's in this oil.
Yes. Dozen's of people have. It often exceeds the 5% their lab test can record!

I can not bring myself to post this owner's whole story on her third CR-V purchased just last June. But this is the position Honda is now taking per young lady who lives in MA. "The same day I lost arbitration I had immediately contacted and hired a lemon law attorney, who was gung ho to go after Honda for what they did. It was only a few days later he called me with the news that Honda was now refusing to settle and asked me was I in for the long haul or no. I called some other lemon law attorneys and they said the same thing. So I caved and got the Jeep." "I took the blood bath last week and got rid of my CRV. Lemon law attorney told me that Honda is no longer settling Lemon law cases, forcing them all to go to Jury Trials which means 1 to 2 years wait for trial."

Old 03-06-2019, 02:12 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Yes. Dozen's of people have. It often exceeds the 5% their lab test can record!

I can not bring myself to post this owner's whole story on her third CR-V purchased just last June. But this is the position Honda is now taking per young lady who lives in MA. "The same day I lost arbitration I had immediately contacted and hired a lemon law attorney, who was gung ho to go after Honda for what they did. It was only a few days later he called me with the news that Honda was now refusing to settle and asked me was I in for the long haul or no. I called some other lemon law attorneys and they said the same thing. So I caved and got the Jeep." "I took the blood bath last week and got rid of my CRV. Lemon law attorney told me that Honda is no longer settling Lemon law cases, forcing them all to go to Jury Trials which means 1 to 2 years wait for trial."
Disgusting, all around.