S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Colors

Old 09-11-2003, 04:30 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts
Default Colors

In another thread, in another forum, a few of my friends and I were discussing the colors available for the S. I have long felt that colors, especially on cars, project a certain image or personality if you will.

(Please no "color is the fastest color" or "color is the best color". This thread is about how you perceive the various colors.)

Here is what I think, what do you think?

Spa is the headturner in the group. It is the color to buy if you want to "wow" someone with your car. It is the hottie in the skintight mini skirt and high heels.

Silverstone is the classy color, it is sophisticated and smart. It is grey flannel and French perfume worn properly. It is upper class.

White is like Silverstone but frosty and aloof.

Black is strong and powerful.

Red is the traditional sportscar color. It is hot and sexy.

Sebring, and to a lesser degree Suzuka, is the girl next door. You never noticed her before but once you opened your eyes she turned out to be the most beautiful woman you've ever seen, and the most fun to be with.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:55 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Here's my take....

White.......Heritage

Red...........Traditional

Sebring......Stealth

Spa............"Hey over here"

Suzuka.......New wave cool

Silverstone...Wealth

Black.............Sinister
Old 09-11-2003, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new to the 'vintage' thread
I have to agree with Rob's description of the Suzuka...... very true indeed.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:57 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Klassy

Welcome to "Vintage". Post your stats in the Pics & Roster thread and we'll add you to the roster and "Badge" you (if you like).
Old 09-11-2003, 08:08 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Interesting take on colors Rob. For me, I start with "What color do I like" and end with "What color do I think the car looks best in." I like black and red as car colors in general, but I wasn't to happy with the way the car looks in those colors. (Lately I've changed my mind about red). I thought the car looked great in silver, but it seemed to be a very common color for the Ss and not one of my favorites. Then I saw the Suzuka blue and thought it was great. showed off the cars lines like silver, but I found the color more appealing.

But oh G_d how I wish we could get Monte Carlo Blue over here. When I see pictures of the car in that color i start to drool.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:24 AM

One of our long-time S2K forum members, Vince D, posted on this topic about a year ago and compared the different colors to members of a band:
Yellow = lead vocalist
Red = lead guitar
I forget where he placed Black, White, and Silver, but he owns a Suzuka Blue and compared it to the bass player (low-key and stealthy).

BTW, Vince D contributed lots of great posts and then seemed to disappear -- anybody know what happened to him?

Old 09-12-2003, 09:41 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ralper
[B]In another thread, in another forum, a few of my friends and I were discussing the colors available for the S.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:34 PM

Silverstone is the best at showing the form of the car, with suzuka right up there.

I don't think of white as aloof. Parked next to a silverstone yesterday. The white does somehow feel friendlier, the silverstone more aggressive. Ladies seem to like the white, not so much from across the street, but definitely up close

Having seen many s2000's in the showroom over the years, in June I went in one day and saw one in white and tan for the first time. I'd gone there looking for a Pilot, left a week later with the s2k. Some people are just suckers for the right color.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:42 PM

"White is like Silverstone but frosty and aloof"

---as seen with the top up, I rather agree---with the top down and that sea of red in view, there's NOTHING frosty or aloof about her!
Old 09-13-2003, 02:45 PM

To me, THE classic sports car colors have always been red, black,white, and silver. The cars I have bought over a lifetime were among these paints. Altho our Spa and Suzuka look great, I'm glad Honda has paid tribute to tradition with the other colors. The S looks good in any of them, but it does seem that some cars just don't look good in some colors (ex., large sedans in bright red).

Quick Reply: Colors