S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Concealed Carry Weapon

Old 05-26-2017, 07:03 AM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
I am on the fence about carrying a concealed weapon. I do have a S&W .357 mag at home that I use on the range but not sure if I want to carry a concealed weapon in public. It is true that our society today has become very dangerous and the criminal element has very easy access to guns. But, is it worth the risk of being shot and possibly killed if you don't react in time. I guess it is a matter of choice and I have no problem with people carrying a weapon for their own safety.
It's more than likely that you're about to be shot and killed if you're in a situation where you need to beat someone to the draw (so to speak).

My main carry is a CZ100 in .40. The trigger isn't ideal even after some customization, but it fits my hand perfectly, conceals well, and is easy to shoot. I normally use a hybrid IWB holster for it.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:52 AM

Received 693 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by Fokker
It's more than likely that you're about to be shot and killed if you're in a situation where you need to beat someone to the draw (so to speak).

My main carry is a CZ100 in .40. The trigger isn't ideal even after some customization, but it fits my hand perfectly, conceals well, and is easy to shoot. I normally use a hybrid IWB holster for it.
Well thanks for the great advice Pilgrim. Maybe I need to think about getting a 6 shooter and start wearing a low slung holster tied to my leg with rawhide just like John Wayne and then practice my quick draw.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:12 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Yes otherwise it will get locked.

I have an alien holster and a S&W Shield in 45 that I carry. Small enough that it is comfortable but big enough that i can have a good grip on it and shoot it with some accuracy. They are also very cheap right now thanks to rebates.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:46 AM

Received 151 Likes on 136 Posts

Let me ask another question or two....

Are there any hand guns that you would definitely stay away from?

If so, why?
Old 05-27-2017, 04:52 AM

Received 2,496 Likes on 1,507 Posts

Originally Posted by Lovetodrive2000

If so, why?
The ones that are pointed at me!

Why? Because they could hurt me.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:19 AM

Received 693 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
The ones that are pointed at me!

Why? Because they could hurt me.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:50 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Lovetodrive2000

If so, why?
454 Casull ..... Unless you're trying to stop a tank.

I've fired one twice. A couple of cylinders worth each time......that was enough for me.
I can hurt you if you're not careful.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:28 PM

Received 1,551 Likes on 920 Posts

My duty weapon is an HK 40 USP Compact. No external safeties. I own an identical gun for home use. A round is always in the chamber. I know in a clutch situation you are going to do what you have trained for. To that end, I prefer Glocks, also without external safeties. A 12 gauge shotgun rounds out home defense with an AR-15 by Black Rain. (Plus some varmint long guns)

My main CCW weapon is a 40 S&W Glock 27 Gen 4, with the "dark earth" color. I call it the "Eddie Baurer" version. I usually use a Horseshoe leather outside the waistband holster covered with a loose shirt or sweater. I can also carry it my pants pocket.

I did just acquire a Glock 43 9mm but I have not carried it yet. It is quite small and will easily fit in a pocket.

Many consider these to be the best handmade holsters in the world. I have of 2 them. Going to get one more for the new G43 before it is too late.

Holsters for Handguns, Firearms and Concealment at holsters.org

Training is extremely important. Dynamic situations are best. Several good books are "On Killing", "On Combat" and "The Gift of Fear".
I also recommend any books that sum up the legal aspects of your state. I have one "How to own a gun and stay out of Jail"
Several good aps for state by state laws. A CCW in some states can be valid in many others.

Some links below on the FBI switching from S&W 40 to 9mm. They found many "run of the mill" LEOs had a on target hit rate of about 25% if I recall correctly. They reason more bullets (much improved 9m at that) increases the odds for the good guys. My agency puts a huge stress on accuracy and I thus prefer the 40. Remember that a cranked out (on drugs) perpetrator can keep on coming despite several rounds in the body. You need to eliminate the electrical circuitry from the brain stem to the body or until the threat is no longer active.

FBI Going Back to 9mm Ammunition - News - POLICE Magazine

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.179c38b40e4f
Old 05-27-2017, 06:08 PM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

Does not apply,in my neck of the woods....only the mafia guys,carry guns.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:48 PM

Received 3,494 Likes on 2,362 Posts

Dave,
we actually had a smash n grab at the convenience store just off 495 a few weeks ago.
likely a crime of opportunity by someone driving by on the highway.
beyond that, I don't know of any others.
back in '99 we had some local high schoolers that burned '99 into the football field.
that was big news.
We do have bears and coyotes running around but I'm not sure I want to take one of those on with a handgun.
That's what the rifle is for.

Quick Reply: Concealed Carry Weapon