S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The Concert and Shows Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 04:36 AM

Received 116 Likes on 77 Posts
Default The Concert and Shows Thread

With the summer coming I am looking for concerts to go to this year. I find that there are more choices in my area during the Spring and Summer months. So far I have tickets to see Richie Havens (Small local club) and Chicago/Doobie Brothers (Saratoga Performing Arts).

What shows or concerts are you going to see or have enjoyed in the past?
Old 04-01-2008, 06:38 AM

Received 696 Likes on 472 Posts

Elton John/Billy Joel, Reba McIntyre, Alan Jackson, Beach Boys, Jimmy Buffet, Celine Dion, Neil Diamond, Eric Clapton, My wife was fortunate to have access to a super box at the Wachovia Center in Phila formerly the First Union Center.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:49 AM

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Going to shows is something we have only done rarely. We've never been into concerts, just not where we would spend $, though between Boston, and Providence RI, there have been some good shows.

On two trips to Vegas, we did enjoy some shows, and if anyone gets a chance to see Blue Man Group in Boston, NY, Orlando, or Vegas, check it out. That was a cool show.

Outside of that, I've not nothing....
Old 04-01-2008, 07:14 AM

Received 116 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey8484,Apr 1 2008, 09:49 AM
Going to shows is something we have only done rarely. We've never been into concerts, just not where we would spend $, though between Boston, and Providence RI, there have been some good shows.

On two trips to Vegas, we did enjoy some shows, and if anyone gets a chance to see Blue Man Group in Boston, NY, Orlando, or Vegas, check it out. That was a cool show.

Outside of that, I've not nothing....
I'm surprised that you don't go to concerts given Rick's vocal talents.

We did have tickets to see Blue Man Group in Boston several years ago. We ended up not being able to go and gave the tickets away.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:15 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,565 Posts

Recent past - Rod Stewart, Aerosmith/Lenny Kravitz, Bon Jovi (first time), Ziggy Marley/Neville Brothers, Wash Int'l Horseshow, Genesis, California Guitar Trio, Bon Jovi (second time), DC Improv Comedy, Lippizaner Stallions, Celtic Fiddle Festival. Coming up - The Capitol Steps (political satire group), George Thorogood/Buddy Guy. Hoping to go to Vegas later this year and see Bette Midler, Cher and Danny Gans.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:34 AM

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by PokS2k,Apr 1 2008, 11:14 AM
I'm surprised that you don't go to concerts given Rick's vocal talents.

We did have tickets to see Blue Man Group in Boston several years ago. We ended up not being able to go and gave the tickets away.
He doesn't want to make the on stage performers feel bad about their talent! UH-HUH!

DO, see Blue Man Group when you can. I don't know anyone who was disappointed in the show.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last year I saw Dave Matthews Band. That is an absolute do not miss show just because of the totality of the experience - the music, the audience participation, the general atmosphere the whole place takes on.

Also last year I saw Peter Frampton. If you're a Frampton fan, I recommend it. He is still a very energetic performer and his Les Paul is beautiful.

I recently saw Robin Trower in a small club. He is 62 and can still wail on his Strat! If you like his stuff, I recommend him as well, but bring your ear plugs. He is incredibly loud and gets louder as the show goes on.

I have tickets for Van Halen, a show which has been postponed twice due to his alcoholism issues. I hope that one pays out.

I also have tickets for James Taylor in May. I haven't seen him in 18 years and he is one of my faves.

I saw Chicago in 1999 and it was hands down the best concert I have ever seen. If they are still using the same lineup (especially the horns) go check them out.

Others I am considering this year are the Eagles, Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush, and a concert of some sort at House of Blues in Myrtle Beach, SC. I have never been to that venue and want to give it a try.

In recent years I have seen Crosby, Stills, and Nash (great music if you can put up with the politics), Alison Krauss & Union Station (great show but very slow moving - they take lots of breaks).

I buy most of my tickets online through Ticketmaster. I set up my computer 10 minutes before the tickets go on sale, then at the top of the hour I make my entry as quickly as possible. I end up with some pretty great seats that way. I am Floor 5 at RBC Center for Van Halen and Section 2 for James Taylor at Alltel Pavilion. I am a huge music nut so concerts is something I don't mind spending money on. I missed out on concerts when I was very young, mostly because of where I lived. I am making up for that now!
Old 04-01-2008, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rib America Festivals have been great. Two bands on Friday, four bands a day Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Last year the wife was just thrilled to see Pat Benetar. Year before was Peter Frampton.

http://www.ribamerica.com/index.html

Great concerts of the past - I liked "Momentary Lapse of Reason" Tour better than "Delicate Sound of Thunder".

Chuck Mangione puts on a good show, too.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that I went to a lot of concerts at the Fillmore East but, for some reason , I can't seem to remember who I saw.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:15 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,565 Posts

Great concerts I can remember - Chicago in the 80s (?). The Moody Blues. Simon and Garfunkle on their reunion tour. Crosby, Stills and Nash. Linda Ronstadt. Roy Orbison two years straight right before he died. He was incredible. As was Tina Turner 30 years after I saw her the first time with Ike at UNC. Rollin'!! Plus two I mentioned above - Rod Stewart and Bon Jovi. I'm sure there are more.

Quick Reply: The Concert and Shows Thread