Cordless Impact Wrench - Page 3 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Cordless Impact Wrench

Old 10-04-2017, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by dlq04 View Post
Bill, since it sounds more like a one-time need, you might look into renting one for a day or two rather than spending $250 or whatever.
Well, there is certainly a defined need for one day. But I've done a lot of projects down the Cape with ratchets that would have gone a heck of lot faster with a cordless impact. But yeah, $250 seems a bit steep.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Conedodger View Post
I've had the same one for about a year now and am very happy with it. I have other Ryobi tools, so I have multiple batteries and chargers. I really like the lithium batteries. They hold their charge for weeks and charge in 15-20 minutes. Watch for a sale price. I paid about $130 for my kit with the battery and charger.

I had a HF and later a Good Year branded cordless impact in the past. Very slow to charge and the Ni-Cad batteries only lasted a year or two.
The new HF and others all pretty much use LiOn batteries nowadays. The Milwaukee will out tq all of the cordless ones, but from the tests, that new HF is pretty close and from the teardown video it is built to last quite a while. If I did not already have my Rigid I would try the HF for the price.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by dlq04 View Post
I have probably 30' or more of compressor hose so I've never had any reason to buy a cordless impact wrench.

Me too, but LOVE my cordless. Nice not to have to drag hose around and when I am working outside or away from home it is perfect. I was surprised at how little I use my air powered one now, even when right by the compressor.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:49 AM

Old 10-04-2017, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by engifineer View Post
Me too, but LOVE my cordless. Nice not to have to drag hose around and when I am working outside or away from home it is perfect. I was surprised at how little I use my air powered one now, even when right by the compressor.
The cordless sits on my work bench in the garage, always ready to go. Faster/easier/quieter than firing up the compressor, oiling the air impact, and dragging the stupid hose around.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:52 PM

There is some sort of Milwaukee service center on my way home. I may stop in and see if they sell anything.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Conedodger View Post
The cordless sits on my work bench in the garage, always ready to go. Faster/easier/quieter than firing up the compressor, oiling the air impact, and dragging the stupid hose around.
AND rolling the stupid hose back up after ... which reminds me .. I really need to get a ceiling mounted hose reel :P I have put that off for way too many years and hate unrolling/rolling up hose every time.

I wish they made these in 18V versions with compact batteries of some sort. I do use my compressor on jobs where I use my air ratchet a lot. And that is a handy tool to have. I just feel the 12V with compact battery may not have enough oomph.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:39 PM

The service center does not sell to the public. Oh well.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Legal Bill View Post
The service center does not sell to the public. Oh well.
Maybe see if there is an independent tool service company around you or check with rental places. Some of those sell refurbished or used equipment cheap.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:13 PM

I've certainly had the hots for the snap-on impact wrench after your "brake service" event years ago.
One of the guys from NH brought his and I was smitten. Not quite enough to part with the cash but would love one.
and yes I know it's stupid expensive but I already said I didn't buy one.
Of course like Dave, I got this big ol' air tank and lots of hose. Hard to get that expense justification by the CFO.

Quick Reply: Cordless Impact Wrench

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands