Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Vintage Owners
Reload this Page >

Costco deals: Tires and battery tender. Tire Question.

S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Costco deals: Tires and battery tender. Tire Question.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Last time I went to Costco for tires, three out of four were damage. Below is a pic of one, the other two had similar damage.

I found the damage as I was loading them into my van.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:25 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by poorshoeless View Post
Last time I went to Costco for tires, three out of four were damage. Below is a pic of one, the other two had similar damage.

I found the damage as I was loading them into my van.
The wheels were damaged? That sucks!!!

I've only had good experiences with Costco.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by jukngene View Post
I'm going to consider that a compliment! BTW, I run Continental Extreme Contacts, and I love them.
Gene, do you have the ones in the chart linked below? Are they the ones you run year round? I see there are at least four Extreme Contact tires on TireRack.

RATINGS. Performance Category: Ultra High Performance All-Season

Last edited by Kyras; 11-02-2018 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
This is what Rick has. No they are not as good as summer tires, but he's not unhappy as they were rated better in the wet and are OK for the cold.
PS the ones you are looking at were not available when he went to all seasons. He likes the rating on the ones you are looking at and would have purchased those had they been an option.

Is it just the noise you are looking to eliminate, or are you looking to drive the S in colder temps?

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...0&autoModClar=
Thank you, Lainey, for asking Rick and getting back to me. I want to eliminate the noise and figure it's a whole lot colder here than the never-freezing southern California weather, so the pure summer tires I have on the S would not be wise to run here in the cold. I don't plan on driving it in snow but it would be nice to not worry if I take it out on days in the 30's or 40's. My fronts are still fine on tread but I'll see if someone in CO can use them, if I buy new tires.
Old 11-02-2018, 11:32 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Patty,if you want the best of both world,I would look at the Michelin PSS 4,can’t go wrong with those.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=223

Last edited by Emil St-Hilaire; 11-02-2018 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:54 PM

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras View Post
Gene, do you have the ones in the chart linked below? Are they the ones you run year round? I see there are at least four Extreme Contact tires on TireRack.

RATINGS. Performance Category: Ultra High Performance All-Season
Nope. These: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeCo ntact+DW

I think the ones you llinked would be better for you. I never drive my NSX in freezing temps.

Edit: I stand corrected. I do run the DWS tires on my S, and the ones I linked on my NSX.I am happy with both.

Last edited by jukngene; 11-02-2018 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:56 PM

Thank you, Emil and Gene. I'll check out your suggestions.

I tore the top on my S2000 yesterday. It already had started but I made it a lot worse. It's always been garaged and only has around 33,066 miles on it. Grr.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:12 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

What did you do to make it worse? We had one tiny tear, Rick could not stand it. We had it replaced the same season. I think it's more an age/design thing.
Old 11-02-2018, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
What did you do to make it worse? We had one tiny tear, Rick could not stand it. We had it replaced the same season. I think it's more an age/design thing.
I was putting down the top in a parking lot and it wouldn't go down all the way. I got out of the car and pushed it down. It ripped. I thought I locked the latch but judging by how it tore at the latch I'm guessing it was not locked.
Old 11-02-2018, 04:30 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Ouch! Speaking of tops, Rick switched out those elastic type straps in the inside of the top. The new straps did make a difference in how the top folds.

Quick Reply: Costco deals: Tires and battery tender. Tire Question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands