Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Vintage Owners
Reload this Page >

Costco deals: Tires and battery tender. Tire Question.

S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Costco deals: Tires and battery tender. Tire Question.

Old 11-03-2018, 03:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire View Post
Patty,if you want the best of both world,I would look at the Michelin PSS 4,can’t go wrong with those.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=223
These are the tires I run as well.

They are superb. I think they would be ideal for your application.

I highly recommend them.
Old 11-03-2018, 05:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I now have the Michelin AS3 + now since I won’t be taking the car off the road in the winter. Not as sticky as my old S02s were but so far so good.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:34 AM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
Ouch! Speaking of tops, Rick switched out those elastic type straps in the inside of the top. The new straps did make a difference in how the top folds.
Yeah, the '01 Silverstone tore under warranty and they put new straps on it. It helped a lot. My '05 had over 100,000 miles on it when I sold it and that top was still fine.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:37 AM

Thank you, Len and Jim. I appreciate all the advice and will look into them.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:38 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Patty,if you want the best of both world,I would look at the Michelin PSS 4,can’t go wrong with those.

That's what Ii have on the Berlina right now and they are a fantastic summer/3-season tire.

I still have a full set of Nokian Z-Line All Season in the garage, with about 1000 miles on them, if anyone is interested. Last Autumn, the tire shop mistakenly gave me All Season, not Summer, and I drove them to Boston Mountains (Arkansas) and back. This Spring, I went to the Pilot 4S and haven't looked back. I'll only put Summer tires on the Berlina.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:30 AM

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I bought two sets of tires from Costco and they would not install them on the rims without the car being there. Seemed strange as I never let anyone else mount the rims on the car but me (it is a impact gun thing I hate).
Old 11-05-2018, 01:21 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I have used all type or brands...currently I have Michelin pilot sport tires, excellent but more expensive...and I go to Tire america, or America's tire store...they have excellent service and prices...and a great warranty...i have gotten several tires replaced with it, one was a complete blow out which I brought them a part of the tire, no problem....
Old 04-19-2019, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Len44 View Post
These are the tires I run as well.

They are superb. I think they would be ideal for your application.

I highly recommend them.
Originally Posted by JoePhotographer View Post
That's what Ii have on the Berlina right now and they are a fantastic summer/3-season tire.

I still have a full set of Nokian Z-Line All Season in the garage, with about 1000 miles on them, if anyone is interested. Last Autumn, the tire shop mistakenly gave me All Season, not Summer, and I drove them to Boston Mountains (Arkansas) and back. This Spring, I went to the Pilot 4S and haven't looked back. I'll only put Summer tires on the Berlina.
Originally Posted by hirev View Post
I have used all type or brands...currently I have Michelin pilot sport tires, excellent but more expensive...and I go to Tire america, or America's tire store...they have excellent service and prices...and a great warranty...i have gotten several tires replaced with it, one was a complete blow out which I brought them a part of the tire, no problem....

I finally ordered tires for my 2007 S2000 from Costco.com, today. They have their discounts going right now so I saved $129.96, and it will be $770.96 for all four installed. I even have an appointment for the installation on May 1st set up. It's time to get it out with the temps warming up in Loveland, Colorado and I decided to go for pure summer tires. I don't drive it year-round here, like I did in California.

My current front tires have half the tread left but the rears are gonners. I found a guy on Facebook, in Denver, CO who will give me $70 for the fronts.

I ended up ordering the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires as recommended by you guys. Thank you!

^4-13-2019 Rear tire on S2000.

^4-13-2019. Front tire on S2000.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:14 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats,Patty...can’t go wrong with those.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:02 PM

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts

Maybe it is the Costco location. I have had several vehicles in for new tires. The first time I brought the S in for Super Sports, I mentioned my concerns over rim damage to the tire manager. He told me about the type of new equipment they use that does not hurt the rim at all. He mentioned he (Costco location) has serviced a ton of Porches, Maseratis, Bentleys, and Ferraris, without complaint. I have seen such cars about the city/town/environs so I know he was not kidding. They carefully examined the rims (mine are perfect) so any claim of mine would be documented.

I might add I did get the Pilot 4S just a few months ago. I did not see them on the Costco website and I mentioned that to the tire salesman. He said that often happens but he could order anything I wanted. So they could and did get the OEM size 4Ss with the $70 Michelin coupon. Hair, teeth, guts and eyes was a shade under $800. They do feel different than the Pilot Super Sports. Easier to steer if you will. If you so much as look in a direction, that is where the car goes. Ferocious grip. I have a few sections of rural road that have changing radius turns that I drive on everyday. I have taken the S to the limit (my limit) so many times and the 4Ss keep asking me: "Is that all you got?"

I also got batter tender. Hard wired the harness on the battery so when I park it for a few weeks I just drop the charger in front of the engine, fish it out from below and plug it in. I have a paint stirring stick with "Charging" written on it that I put on the drivers seat so I won't drive off with the thing connected as the hood is closed.

Quick Reply: Costco deals: Tires and battery tender. Tire Question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands