S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Custom wood shift knob

Old 08-24-2014, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
I'm very happy with my unfinished walnut. It provides good grip (#1 priority for me), cool in summer, warm in winter, and looks good. To my way of thinking nothing beats wood. I've tried the original, the leather updated version from Honda, and the Voodoo. Wood wins. I'm glad mine isn't varnished but that's me.

Hi. I'm very interested in knowing where you purchased your unfinished walnut gear shift knob. I also want one. Please advise.

Best regards,

Jeff
Old 08-24-2014, 01:47 PM

Received 4,930 Likes on 2,990 Posts

Originally Posted by jcharri
Originally Posted by dlq04' timestamp='1219605606' post='14163374
I'm very happy with my unfinished walnut. It provides good grip (#1 priority for me), cool in summer, warm in winter, and looks good. To my way of thinking nothing beats wood. I've tried the original, the leather updated version from Honda, and the Voodoo. Wood wins. I'm glad mine isn't varnished but that's me.

Hi. I'm very interested in knowing where you purchased your unfinished walnut gear shift knob. I also want one. Please advise.

Best regards,

Jeff
I'm sorry but I did not retain my maintenance records after I sold the car. My notes say the thread size on the shift knob for my 2001 shifter was 10 x 1.5 mm. I suspect I may have answered the question in other threads, so you might try more searching here. It seems to me it wasn't your normal vendor but rather someone who specialized in wood products that lived in North Carolina. Sorry I couldn't be more help. I did a lot of interior custom work with the center console and doors. If I should come across any old paperwork I'll post it.