S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Daughter’s Wedding Photos

Old 01-17-2018, 08:06 AM
Former Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 373 Posts
Default Daughter’s Wedding Photos

Our daughter Stephanie was married Saturday night at a cathedral here in downtown Houston. I’m having no luck posting photos, yet, but I will do it as a ew become available. (Our Vintage) Billy and Diane flew down from MD to be present. The wedding was very nice, and a great time was had by all later at the Houston Country Club reception into the wee hours. I had to give a speech, and swore I would not cry, but, well, a surge of memories and emotions got me!

I’m still working on the photos, but it’s not working yet on my toys here. more, later. (Earlier posts in the Photos Thread: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vi...173159/page11/

Old 01-17-2018, 08:16 AM
Former Moderator

Mom and Bro

Old 01-17-2018, 08:59 AM

Received 2,771 Likes on 1,626 Posts

Jim, posting pics is a PIA on here these days. If any of these pics that you are sharing are on a FB account it's easier to use the "copy image location" option from that photo and then use the img button here to download or that would be upload the URL. That's what I've been doing lately.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:08 AM
Former Moderator

Thanks, Lainey. You are right, nothing seems to work easily... I'll try that.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:30 AM

Received 4,954 Likes on 3,004 Posts

Originally Posted by S1997
Thanks, Lainey. You are right, nothing seems to work easily... I'll try that.
Jim, I thought you had a Mac. I simply drag the Mac photos onto the Mac's desktop, since you cannot go directly from the iPhotos file to this site. Once there, they easily drag into this site's upload. Then I send the desktop photo to the trash, since it's just a mirror image of what's in the iPhotos file.

Its all done with 3 drags - first to the desktop, then to S2ki, then to trash.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:55 AM
Former Moderator

If you are interested here's my Friday night Rehearsal dinner talk and toast:

Stephanie was so nice and told me that I would get to say a few words this evening. So here goes, and I’ll do my best not to cry. I thought I could steel myself for these comments, but as Vinnie was also saying last night, there is really no way to prepare yourself for standing up here like this, - with a surging wave of memories and emotions; and so proud to be the father of the bride. This is hard for me, so - please be nice!

Before I propose a toast I’d like especially to thank Cynthia and Vinnie for hosting this rehearsal dinner tonight, and for all their hard work and planning. And thanks to all of Stephanie’s and Jeffrey’s guests, friends, and family members. We know that many of you have travelled a long way to be here.

First, something about Stephanie, - my beautiful little lifelong ‘daddy’s girl’! I have loved and admired her so much since the day she was born. You know, ---tomorrow marks a major new beginning. So let me go back to another new beginning back in 1991 when Stephanie was born in a hospital here in Houston. (I was very happy that she was born on my birthday, on a bright summer day in June.) After cutting the umbilical cord in the delivery room and welcoming Stephanie into the world, I could see that she had her mother’s beautiful deep dimples. And, that brought out a massive smile on my face! – The Dr. handed her to me, so - I was the first one to hold little Stephanie in my arms when she was born. – But then, well, for some reason - her mom wanted to share the experience and just kept asking for her…

And then I had to go out to the waiting room to report to the family. I was wearing a blue scrubs top, and it had Stephanie’s little footprints pressed in black ink on the chest. Steph’s German Oma was sitting there waiting for the latest word, and with a little finger twist in my cheek, I looked at her and said, “Sie hat Grübchen”! (She has dimples.) In Oma’s family dimples are genetic and very dominant.

From the day of her birth on, this little girl has captured my heart and so often filled me with pride. I loved watching her growing up. I loved taking her to school, to ballet and modern dance lessons and gymnastics with Devon and Haley, to soccer, to softball, skiing, hiking, and all those other things. So my own life has been deeply enriched and made truly wonderful since Steph came along into our lives.

-- Well, then one day Steph went away to college. After graduating in Biology at TCU, she continued on to study nursing and to become an RN. Her love and concern for kids influenced her to take a position in Fort Worth as an award winning pediatric nurse. – We are so proud of her.

One day when Stephanie was visiting in Houston, she said, - Dad, there’s this guy, Jeffrey, that I need to tell you about – he’s really handsome – very smart, and – sooo nice! I think I love him. I just paused a moment, and then came the automatic - father’s question; “and is ‘Jeffery’[sic] gainfully employed, does he have a job?” --- She said, “Jeff-rey”, not “Jeff-ery!”

When it was finally time for us to meet, Jeffrey drove up in front of our house in Bellaire one day and parked his car in the driveway. I was working on my little yellow Honda car on the lift with the garage door open. So Jeffrey and I met there on our own and shook hands, while he initiated small talk about cars. Later I kidded him, because Steph told me that, well, he didn’t really know that much about cars. – No matter, - I still like him anyway!

Jeffrey is an avid football fan. I’m glad he lets me watch football games with him, because he knows so much. But he and most of his entire family are all UT Austin grads, and they all wear those – NOT-REALLY-orange Texas jerseys! I’m a
blue and grey jersey guy, myself; and poor Stephanie, - as a purple Horned Frog, - is just going to have to fit in somehow with all those Longhorns and hope for the best!

Well, then early one morning some months ago, I was sitting alone downstairs reading the paper and enjoying a cup of fresh German coffee, and Jeffrey came down the stairs from the guest room, sat down and slowly poured himself a cup of coffee. And after a pause, he said, “Mr. Copeland, I wanted to come down early, because I need to have a talk with you. He said, “I want to propose marriage to Stephanie, and I’d like to get your and Mrs. Copeland’s blessing before I do. He was so genuine, so polite and well mannered, I couldn’t just say right out, ‘uh, sure, yeah, - dream on, Jeffrey!!’ – No, - I was very happy, and I truly welcomed his endearing gesture.

So Stephanie’s fondest dreams of marrying a prince of a man are coming true, and she will now be joining Jeffrey’s warm and loving family - with lots of her now favorite nieces and nephews - - somewhere, way - up - there in northern Texas! She is so excited, because she loves them each individually, every one. It is wonderful for our family to watch Stephanie marry an amazing man that we already love so much. I am joyful to contemplate that she and Jeffrey will have a long and beautiful life together with love, joy, and happiness.

And now I’ll raise a glass for a toast to Jeffrey and Stephanie!

To Jeffrey: Our new son-in-law
Welcome into our family – we like you much, - and we will love you forever!

To: Stephanie:
“So, my beautiful Stephanie, be happy, - continue to be loving, - to be strong, and - be healthy! And when you have a choice - to sit it out - or - dance. -- – I - hope you’ll DANCE !”
Old 01-17-2018, 11:06 AM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

Beautiful toast! Beautiful wedding! Beautiful couple!
Old 01-17-2018, 11:18 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Great photos, a beautiful couple, and loving, humorous words from the proud father of the bride. Thanks for sharing, Jim. I feel like I was there and saved on the airfare and wedding gift!!
Old 01-17-2018, 11:19 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

PS, what's the deal with the crowd-surfing bride? Is that a cultural thing I'm not aware of?
Old 01-17-2018, 11:24 AM

Received 1,412 Likes on 766 Posts

Originally Posted by Zippy
Beautiful toast! Beautiful wedding! Beautiful couple!
Very nice!

Quick Reply: Daughter’s Wedding Photos