S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Disappointed in Sirius radio

Old 03-13-2019, 06:12 PM

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

We honestly never listened to AM/FM in the cars only Sirius. The S and the BRZ have add on Sat radio and the Fiat has built in and I have not even programmed any AM/FM stations.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:11 AM

Received 973 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
We like Siius and don't play the same stations all the time. Rock, county, 60's 70's Oldies, Jazz, some classical. This way you don't get bored with one station and yes the repeats. We also have our favorite artists downloaded to both cars so there is never an issue with any selection we want to listen to. And I beat them down on the price.
Between the (roughly) 14000 songs on my phone and SiriusXM via Bluetooth, I never lack for music (when I want it). There are times when silence is preferable and much more enjoyable.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:15 AM

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

I like to listen to music in all of our cars. I generally listen to either SiriusXM, Pandora or the music I have put on my iPhone.

My last negotiated SiriusXM deal was 5 months of music in me Ridgeline for $25. Then this week for the first time I was sent an upgrade email. I was offered 6 months all access (stations and streaming) for $50. I accepted and now can listen online in my house or in our other vehicles using the phone to stream.

Old 03-14-2019, 03:30 AM

Received 973 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by PokS2k
I like to listen to music in all of our cars. I generally listen to either SiriusXM, Pandora or the music I have put on my iPhone.

My last negotiated SiriusXM deal was 5 months of music in me Ridgeline for $25. Then this week for the first time I was sent an upgrade email. I was offered 6 months all access (stations and streaming) for $50. I accepted and now can listen online in my house or in our other vehicles using the phone to stream.
I was lucky enough to purchase a lifetime subscription to XM Radio when they first started. Over the years what that means has changed but I still get all of the channels I prefer (and ignore a lot of others). The lifetime subscription means I can stream online and on my phone. I use the iPhone app to stream in one of my cars via Bluetooth.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:42 AM

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by kgf3076
I was lucky enough to purchase a lifetime subscription to XM Radio when they first started. Over the years what that means has changed but I still get all of the channels I prefer (and ignore a lot of others). The lifetime subscription means I can stream online and on my phone. I use the iPhone app to stream in one of my cars via Bluetooth.
sounds like you got a good deal
Old 03-14-2019, 04:23 AM

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,627 Posts

I have the S today. No sirius radio. I missed it on my short drive to work.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:45 AM

Received 3,804 Likes on 3,029 Posts

I have it in my wrx and always renew it. I listen to a lot of talk radio so I like it for that. I do agree they do a lot of repeating even with the talk radio shows. I have paid around 120.00 per year each year I have had it so it’s worth it to me for that price, and when my last wrx got totaled they credited me for the months I had left in my subscription.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:24 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,909 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
The only issue, if it is one, is that sometimes we go off the grid on our drives (Sierra Nevada and Hwy 1in California, Death Valley, or upstate Idaho) and have to rely on "offline" modes of stored music. Plus we do have a CD player in the headunit. Practically speaking, how often are you really out of mobile (cell) phone coverage?

You can kiss Sirius goodbye.
On our cross country drives going camping there are many times we're without cell coverage, this is with my wife and I having different carriers as well. Unless you're in a tunnel, the satellites will always find you, not so true with cell towers.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:27 AM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

I use Pandora in all vehicles, I am investigating YouTube Red at the moment, but even free YouTube music is quite good. XM was good when it started, but I see no real need to pay for something that I can't configure.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:23 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I never even tried it. Plenty of radio stations in the Boston area and enough of them down the Cape as well. I have sleeve of CDs I have not updated in four or five year, but the music was NEVER up to date in the first place. Last summer I created a play list for my boat and a friend was kind enough to load it onto a thumb drive for me. That was great! But the thumb drive broke and I'm back to scratch on that one. I may end up paying Apple a buck or more a sone to recreate the play list and just have it on my phone.

Quick Reply: Disappointed in Sirius radio