Disappointed in Sirius radio - Page 3 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Vintage Owners
Reload this Page >

Disappointed in Sirius radio

Notices
S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Disappointed in Sirius radio

Old 03-14-2019, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by robb View Post
I have it in my wrx and always renew it. I listen to a lot of talk radio so I like it for that. I do agree they do a lot of repeating even with the talk radio shows. I have paid around 120.00 per year each year I have had it so it’s worth it to me for that price, and when my last wrx got totaled they credited me for the months I had left in my subscription.
Why are you paying that much? I just renewed SiriusXM for my darling wife. $72 a year. Spend 5 minutes on the phone with any of the nice Philippine customer relations people and you can get a much better price. When I bother (not wanting to stream from my phone) for my AP-1, i just get the 6 month for $25 deal.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:48 AM
Former Moderator

Have you tried the iHeart radio app? It’s free.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:10 AM

I’m a Bluetooth Pandora & iHeartradio streamer in the S’s. Have XM in the Pathfinder. If I could get the “News” stations streamed then the XM would go away and I’d save some money every year.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:56 AM

All of our vehicles have Sirius radio. The two classical stations keep the roads smooth, and the Blue Grass station keeps me awake. Other channels like sports, — Canadian channels are great, too, So I keep the subscriptions. The Apple Car Play on the (newer) Jeep makes it easy to stream with the phone, and that makes it possible to schlep your whole personal music library along on trips.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:38 AM

I just got XM back in my Pilot at $6 per month.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:07 AM

What I dislike is having to call and negotiate a price every year. That's most annoying. We get the 6 months in the P car for whatever the "sale" price is. Last year I did not set it up the way I should have and paid full price for one month as they had the CC on file.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by kgf3076 View Post
Why are you paying that much? I just renewed SiriusXM for my darling wife. $72 a year. Spend 5 minutes on the phone with any of the nice Philippine customer relations people and you can get a much better price. When I bother (not wanting to stream from my phone) for my AP-1, i just get the 6 month for $25 deal.
I just looked it up and the original quote was 317 for a full year!I almost popped about 3 blood vessels dealing with customer service they would not stop trying to get a credit card number from me as they run their contracts on automatic renewal so it took quite a lengthy conversation for me to get an address from them where I could send a check. They tried everything they could think of to get a credit card from me.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
What I dislike is having to call and negotiate a price every year. That's most annoying. We get the 6 months in the P car for whatever the "sale" price is. Last year I did not set it up the way I should have and paid full price for one month as they had the CC on file.
Be aware Lainey it says on the contract at the bottom that it is an automatic renewal for all subscriptions and “for your convenience” they automatically renew your subscription at the renewal rates in effect at the time of your renewal.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by robb View Post

Be aware Lainey it says on the contract at the bottom that it is an automatic renewal for all subscriptions and “for your convenience” they automatically renew your subscription at the renewal rates in effect at the time of your renewal.
Yes, but for one of them they were going to invoice me...they didn't have current CC info....we'll see what I get for an offer for the P car. In the past I always call them before the end of the contract. Time just flew by on that last one though...

Oh if cancelling, be sure to tell them CANCEL not suspend. They don't like hearing the word CANCEL even if you tell them you'll be back in the nice weather.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
Yes, but for one of them they were going to invoice me...they didn't have current CC info....we'll see what I get for an offer for the P car. In the past I always call them before the end of the contract. Time just flew by on that last one though...

Oh if cancelling, be sure to tell them CANCEL not suspend. They don't like hearing the word CANCEL even if you tell them you'll be back in the nice weather.
Yes I noticed when my car got totaled and I called to cancel the subscription they weren’t big on that. I wanted it for me next car so I didn’t mind suspending it but they sure can be stubborn!

Quick Reply: Disappointed in Sirius radio

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands