S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Vintage Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/)
-   -   Discussion and review of Good Movies (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/discussion-review-good-movies-1188735/)

robb 11-25-2018 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by MsPerky (Post 24535430)
Finally got up the nerve to watch It. Not as scary as I expected. Pretty good!

The teeth on the clown freaked me out!

Legal Bill 11-25-2018 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Scooterboy (Post 24536602)

A Star Was Born was good. We enjoyed it!

I think we will see Widows tomorrow. Green Book is nowhere nears us so it will have to wait.

We saw Widows. It features some great actors and an interesting premise. It was good but easily could have been better.

Legal Bill 11-25-2018 04:55 AM

[QUOTE=Morris;24535876]As I said, the screenwriter is the son of the driver and was also friends with the black pianist in the movie. He wrote the screenplay from notes and interviews with the two men, so I would give him the benefit of the doubt.[/QUOT

That's not a thing anymore. Now the only thing to do is doubt without benefit. Everyone's doing it. I think there may even be a daily award.

MsPerky 11-25-2018 05:38 AM

Have a choice later today of Green Book, A Star is Born, or Bohemian Rhapsody. All three would be good for different reasons. :thinker:

MsPerky 11-25-2018 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by robb (Post 24536649)

The teeth on the clown freaked me out!

:) I think they borrowed those teeth from the Alien movies.

tof 11-25-2018 08:46 AM

As much as I enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody, I preferred A Star is Born. The Queen tribute features a great performance by Rami Malek, who you may know from Mr. Robot on USA and Amazon. But Lady Gaga's work in A Star was even better, at least for me.

tof 11-25-2018 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Legal Bill (Post 24536651)
We saw Widows. It features some great actors and an interesting premise. It was good but easily could have been better.

Agreed. Sandy and I saw it yesterday. Acting is really good but a lot of the movie feels slow and the film is entirely without humor to break the tension and offset the darkness. I wasn't expecting Oceans 8, but this was the heaviest caper flick since Ronin. Story line is very good, though. You never do know what to expect. Worth a watch, especially if you loved Ronin or any drama with very strong female roles.

Kyras 11-25-2018 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by tof (Post 24536699)
As much as I enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody, I preferred A Star is Born. The Queen tribute features a great performance by Rami Malek, who you may know from Mr. Robot on USA and Amazon. But Lady Gaga's work in A Star was even better, at least for me.

^Oh, yes, she is so talented! I have never been a fan of hers and was impressed. I didn't know she sounded so great. I just liked the story in Bohemian Rhapsody more than watching a drunk go down hill. I like uplifting movies.

tof 11-25-2018 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras (Post 24536728)
^Oh, yes, she is so talented! I have never been a fan of hers and was impressed. I didn't know she sounded so great. I just liked the story in Bohemian Rhapsody more than watching a drunk go down hill. I like uplifting movies.

I didn't know she played piano.

​​​​​​​Was going to comment further on your post but I couldn't without leaving huge spoilers. But I will say that I completely get your point.

Both films feature outstanding performances by the casts. I would recommend them both.

dlq04 11-26-2018 08:46 AM

If any make it to free cable movies in the future I'll get to see them. :)