Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Vintage Owners
Reload this Page >

Do you talk outloud to yourself?

Notices
S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Do you talk outloud to yourself?

Old 03-24-2019, 08:36 PM

Liked 27 Times in 27 Posts
Default Do you talk outloud to yourself?

I do, but mostly when I'm happy. When I'm mad at myself we don't speak. What about you?
Old 03-24-2019, 08:39 PM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras View Post
I do, but mostly when I'm happy. When I'm mad at myself we don't speak. What about you?
When I’m annoyed and stewing about something I do. I find it helps in some strange way only problem is since I do it when I’m annoyed I usually talk to myself in an agitated state so if people hear me doing it they get a little freaked out!
Old 03-24-2019, 08:42 PM

Liked 27 Times in 27 Posts

Originally Posted by robb View Post

When I’m annoyed and stewing about something I do. I find it helps in some strange way only problem is since I do it when I’m annoyed I usually talk to myself in an agitated state so if people hear me doing it they get a little freaked out!
I almost never do it except when I'm home alone with my cats. Although I do find myself doing it in a store sometimes. Quietly.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:17 AM

Liked 58 Times in 56 Posts

While I may talk to myself, generally it's silently and internal. More like a quietly reasoned, logical screaming match.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:22 AM

Liked 61 Times in 58 Posts

At [email protected] traffic! All the time. Team I'm rooting for is losing (esp badly) --- like the stupid Rams in the SB. In elevators, when I need to get somewhere, fast --- and no one else is there, to witness my temporary insanity. At items which refuse to work, even after my highly skillful repairs!!!

My favorite starting words... "You've got to be kidding me!"

Old 03-25-2019, 02:32 AM

Liked 67 Times in 63 Posts

Usually just swear at myself..... in stupid traffic, when things don't work right, the are you kidding me moments.
Levi
Old 03-25-2019, 03:05 AM

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts

I talk in the car to other drivers sometimes, and to the TV sometimes. It's not really a discussion, though.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:25 AM

Liked 32 Times in 31 Posts

rarely although "oh you stupid @$$ $*# of a B%$&^%$" has been known to escape my lips on occasion.
The probability of this phenomena increases dramatically when a golf club is in my hands.
Frequently the words "get down. sit, get left, get right, bite, whoa or FORE!!!" will immediately follow.
A brief muttering pause follows with another string of expletives.

My lovely bride on the other frequently engages in self-conversation which I find troubling.
If I chose to listen and query her I will hear " no just talking to myself"
Ignoring her mutterings are done at ones own peril; " we talked about this, weren't you listening?"
Old 03-25-2019, 04:49 AM

Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue View Post
rarely although "oh you stupid @$$ $*# of a B%$&^%$" has been known to escape my lips on occasion.
The probability of this phenomena increases dramatically when a golf club is in my hands.
Frequently the words "get down. sit, get left, get right, bite, whoa or FORE!!!" will immediately follow.
A brief muttering pause follows with another string of expletives.

My lovely bride on the other frequently engages in self-conversation which I find troubling.
If I chose to listen and query her I will hear " no just talking to myself"
Ignoring her mutterings are done at ones own peril; " we talked about this, weren't you listening?"
Golf brings out words such as yours, my favorite is, oh $hit stay out of the water.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:10 AM

Liked 67 Times in 58 Posts

I am sure a few course workers at autox events have heard me talking to myself during runs ... loudly ... after smashing a cone on an otherwise good run. :P Usually one word sentences !

Quick Reply: Do you talk outloud to yourself?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands