S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Vintage Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/)
-   -   Do you think winter will ever end? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/do-you-think-winter-will-ever-end-1192296/)

ralper 03-05-2019 08:38 PM

Do you think winter will ever end?

I'm ready for Summer, I'll even settle for Spring. It's 19*f outside right now and the other night we had 8 inches of snow. I'm tired of winter.

I do like the four season, I like the change, but if I could have my way Winter would last 2 weeks, we'd have one 12 inch snow storm that would all melt in 2 days, and we'd return to 80*f weather. Under my control Winter would last 2 weeks, we'd have 4 weeks of Spring and Fall, and the rest of the year would be Summer. Sounds delightful, doesn't it?

MsPerky 03-06-2019 12:12 AM

I actually don't have too much to complain about. We had a couple of big snows and some cold, but wasn't that bad. Today will be 32, but then the warmup starts and I think that will be the last of the really cold weather. Yay!

NNY S2k 03-06-2019 02:25 AM

Currently zero here, supposed to be sunny and warm to around 20 today. That will feel good.
Levi

robb 03-06-2019 04:24 AM

I’ve had enough. We have had more ice this year than I can remember and last week we had a day and a half of wind gusting over 60 m.p.h. seems like the weather is changing and not for the better. I’ve been trying to get home for the last 3 weekends and we have had ice storms every Sunday so I haven’t felt it was safe to travel.
On the positive side we are setting the clocks ahead this weekend so that is a sign spring is right around the corner.

Legal Bill 03-06-2019 04:55 AM

Today is the low point point Rob. It is all gradual warming from here on out. Next week it will be in the 50s. It is over today!!

Conedodger 03-06-2019 06:32 AM

Winter is way to long! I dream of the day when I can move south, but I don't think that will ever happen. My wife does not want to go. I might be willing to settle for a month or two in a warm climate after she retires, but not sure we can afford that. My Dad has a place in Sarasota, but my wife lost her job a month ago and with no paychecks coming in, we won't be going to Florida this year. :(

Lainey 03-06-2019 06:53 AM

Winter is too long, sometimes summer feels too long as I don't like the HOT weather. A nice spring could go on for an extra 30 days and fall could last an extra 30 days, and I'd be happy. In all honesty, winter hasn't been bad here. Very little snow. We had a few really COLD days, but the cold spells didn't last too long. Still, I'm ready to see spring, some green on the trees, some flowers in the yard.

BTW, we seem to need it a bit warmer than we used to for top down driving....

sam_spider 03-06-2019 07:08 AM

Our winter has been super cold, but not much snow. I was thinking last weekend it hasn't been too bad this season, but with the cold snap this week I'm over it and hope spring hurries up. 50's sound wonderful right about now.

windhund116 03-06-2019 08:30 AM

Not for this week. We're getting a good rainstorm, today on west coast. This should be heading east, in a few days.

:)

tof 03-06-2019 08:52 AM

We've had a pretty mild winter, with lots of (mostly rainy) days in the low 70s. But winter came in with a cold snap back in November and is going out the same way, with highs yesterday of around 50 and blustery. Not exactly the Mardi Gras weather we were hoping for but we still had some fun over in NOLA with some friends, watching the big St. Ann's walking parade. Everyone in the east Quarter and Marigny neighborhoods was in costume, including us.