S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Equifax Security Breach

Old 10-10-2017, 03:28 PM

Received 151 Likes on 136 Posts

I think I have credit monitoring (or whatever they are calling it now.... from...

Anthem
Home Depot
Equifax

Guess its kinda overkill?
Old 10-10-2017, 05:13 PM

Received 4,930 Likes on 2,990 Posts

I've not done anything beyond the Equifax sign-up. As Bill suggests its a mess and lots to be sorted out. For now, I wait.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:43 AM

Received 2,585 Likes on 1,566 Posts

The +1 signed up with Identity Guard. Now he's trying to get some things removed from his credit reports. But he has to go to each (Experian, Equifax, and Transunion) separately and the process is cumbersome and very irritating.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:38 AM

Received 706 Likes on 433 Posts

I signed up for credit fraud alerts on my credit cards. They'll call or text if any suspicious activity is noted. I also signed up for alerts from my banks, but as far as Equifax goes I cannot say I trust anything those rats tell me to do. Frankly, this is something that will be happening for an eternity and no company is immune. There is simply no way we can trust any financial institution as long as greedy folks with no moral compass are in their employ.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:40 AM

Received 696 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
I signed up for credit fraud alerts on my credit cards. They'll call or text if any suspicious activity is noted. I also signed up for alerts from my banks, but as far as Equifax goes I cannot say I trust anything those rats tell me to do. Frankly, this is something that will be happening for an eternity and no company is immune. There is simply no way we can trust any financial institution as long as greedy folks with no moral compass are in their employ.
I agree, I get alerts as well and don't trust any of those agencies. We have 4 bankers in our state who are going on trial for scamming their customers and providing false statements plus bad loans. It amounted to over 1 billion dollars and many people had their finances destroyed and many lost their jobs. The bank was the corner stone bank of our state but after the people who made it that way retired they hired the scam bags who brought it down. A good friend had a top position for many years at this bank and when he refused to go along with their scam he was demoted. The guy he reported to was a long term executive so I hope he gets jail time. My friend retired soon after as he was a man of high morals and integrity and I respect him for what de did.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:37 AM

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Not sure if this is related to the Equifax mess but someone did a little shopping at Home Depot.com with my credit card and it wasn't me or Rick. On the phone now. Will have to close the account and get new cards Another PIA to deal with. Thankfully, I have another credit card if I need to spend money until the new one arrives.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:54 AM

Received 2,510 Likes on 1,513 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Not sure if this is related to the Equifax mess but someone did a little shopping at Home Depot.com with my credit card and it wasn't me or Rick. On the phone now. Will have to close the account and get new cards Another PIA to deal with. Thankfully, I have another credit card if I need to spend money until the new one arrives.
Shoot, there goes our new appliances.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:46 AM

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Shoot, there goes our new appliances.
Sorry, Dave. I could use a new stove myself. Mine works just fine but it's a tad dated. So if anyone is getting a new appliances on my CC, I think it should be me.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:52 PM

Received 696 Likes on 472 Posts

We went out for Happy Hour at our favorite restaurant on Wed. and our normal barmaid dropped my CC behind the bar where all the bottles are stored. She could not find it and the next day her and the owner looked and still couldn't find it. So I cancelled the card and the bank is sending me a replacement. PIA, but she felt so bad I couldn't get mad at her. The owner issued us a gift card. I hope she doesn't lose that.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:49 AM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

Couple months ago my wife's card (just the number and our address) was used at Disney World to rack up over $8K in charges. We got a bill from DW a few weeks later when it was rejected. We sent it back with a note that the thief didn't live here. Yesterday we got a brochure in the thief's name (Ninoshcka Maldonado) that says "Enchanting Offer On Another Stay!" Do they really want her back?

Quick Reply: Equifax Security Breach