S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Vintage Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/)
-   -   The First Time I.... (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/first-time-i-1216916/)

fltsfshr 08-15-2023 11:03 AM

The First Time I....

How about the first time?
First time you rode a bike? First time you lit a firecracker? First time you got your mouthed washed out with soap for saying a bad word? Great memory game. First time you did anything.
Think of the first time....
???
First time I caught a fish was a sunfish off a dock on Big Lake. I think I was 6. Dad made me unhook it and throw it back.

zeroptzero 08-15-2023 11:07 AM

^ The first time my father took me fishing as a youngster I caught a lawn chair. We were fishing off a pier on Lake Erie. It sure felt like the big one until we got it to the surface and we noticed it was a lawn chair, lol. ;)

fltsfshr 08-15-2023 01:41 PM

This is a fun memory game. Think about it. The first time I tasted pizza? What else did you remember?

It's just the thought.

windhund116 08-15-2023 01:51 PM

The first time behind the steering wheel of a moving car. My Dad was between having a heart attack and killing me.

I signed up for Driver's Ed at HS. Much less drama. :thumbup:

buckeyesue 08-15-2023 02:03 PM

I remember the first time I rode my bike without training wheels.

I rode it down the sidewalk, down a slight hill.

At the bottom of the hill, I forgot to turn the corner, and crashed into a U.S. mailbox.

This will be a fun topic.

S2KRAY 08-15-2023 05:00 PM

I remember the first time I kissed a girl. It was 1957 and we were listening to Elvis sing Don’t be Cruel at a neighbors party. I was 13 and so was she. I liked it and I think she did too. :)

kgf3076 08-15-2023 05:01 PM

The first time I rode a bike I had a similar experience to Sue's. No training wheels, my 3 year old sister egging ... erm encouraging me to ride down the hill in front of our house. Did all right until I got to the bottom of the hill and forgot to take my foot off the pedal when I stopped.

ralper 08-15-2023 05:46 PM

The first time I rode a motorcycle was when I was learning to ride. I had never driven a manual transmission before. Too quick off the clutch and too much throttle, I did a wheelie half way down the block. At least it felt like half way down the block. I soon learned to modulate the clutch and throttle so it wouldn't happen again, but that first time was quite an experience.

zeroptzero 08-15-2023 05:50 PM

The first time I learned to drive a manual car was when my entire family went to a wedding and I was allowed to stay home by myself. I took out my sister's Fiero 4 speed and drove it around the block until I got the "hang" of it. I stalled it about 20 times initially, but by the time I drove back to the house I had it mastered. I didn't need anyone to teach me , lol. :)

Scooterboy 08-15-2023 06:06 PM

The first time I drove an S2000! I purchased my first one without ever driving one. When I picked it up I drove home laughing the entire way wondering what I had done. It rode sooo rough compared to all of the previous cars I had owned. Man I am glad I bought that car!!