S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Hiding from bad grammar

Old 08-30-2003, 05:21 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by PWRMKR

Life in it's self is Wonderfull. and then I wokin up from my nappie nap and face all you wonderfull peeps. Life is so much more Wonderfullist now.

Sup
to PWRMKR and fltsfshr's comments
Old 08-30-2003, 11:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like this forum because people actually talk right. I myself am just 15, but the way some people talk here twice my age is just annoying. I can speak ghetto and stupid if I wanted to (). I like to just escape to this forum sometimes. I guess it's just the way I was educated...
Old 08-31-2003, 03:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ralper

But you do such nice graphics!
Take a peek at my sig
Old 08-31-2003, 04:00 AM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally posted by PWRMKR

Take a peek at my sig
Very nice. I'm very impressed.
Old 08-31-2003, 04:12 AM

Originally posted by Hoonda
I like this forum because people actually talk right. I myself am just 15, but the way some people talk here twice my age is just annoying. I can speak ghetto and stupid if I wanted to (). I like to just escape to this forum sometimes. I guess it's just the way I was educated...
A warm welcome to the "yoots" of America (to quote a line from "My Cousin Vinnie", I think).
Old 08-31-2003, 04:15 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ralper
[B]

Very nice.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:55 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sleepwalker
[B]

Very cool!
Old 09-02-2003, 05:03 AM

When I type on the threads, it is more of a stream of consciousness. I write as if I were having a conversation and misuse periods and such to denote a pause that would occure if I were talking. Also, I am dyslexic so spelling is and always will be a HUGE problem.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:05 AM

I will follow-up and say that Ghetto-speak wears on my last nerve.
Peace out....no need to be hatin' yo...
10"blingy-bling-bling" blade
Old 09-02-2003, 02:42 PM

Originally posted by Tedow
I think I may be perusing this forum periodically even though I'm not a vintage owner (yet) so that I don't have to see all the posts with ridiculously poor grammar. Presumably most of these are from our younger members. Since most of you (us?) were edumacated in the days when schools taught the difference between "your" and "you're" (and, god help us all, "ur"), use of capitalization, and the correct use of punctuation, I think this part of the board may be a welcome respite from the daily frustration of seeing these atrocities running amok .

Phew, sorry...had to get that rant off my chest. If I'd posted it in the normal OT forum, I'd have gotten yelled at for being a grammar Nazi or something .
did you ever take into consideration that english isn't a first language for a lot of users on the board? i wonder if you can speak another language as proficiently as you deem you can speak english. i disagree on the notion that a person must lack an education if they speak poorly on a computer. maybe it can account for some posts, but surely not all. i think some of it can also be accounted to pure laziness. it is a lot faster to type ur than your, or you're. i use slang a lot when i talk, thus if i post i'll use slang, but beg to differ if that means my posts are not intellgible. oh yeah this is a car forum, not open floor on the senate. my lack of capitalization directly symbolizes my tone, meaning laid-back and casual. whenever i decide to take a more formal approach then here come the caps.

i know that this wasn't directed at me for say, but i think this topic is very judgemental and baseless, hence my retort.

Quick Reply: Hiding from bad grammar