S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

How is your SO comfort for long drives?

Old 09-24-2003, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is your SO comfort for long drives?

I apologize as this is something of a doublepost. Just wanted responses from a married crowd and one that is likely to actually do long cruising.

Last year I did a 13 hour drive with my wife. I loved it, never a sore moment. The seats feel like they were tailored for me.

my wife is 5'4". she feels that the seats don't give the back of her legs enough support and that the helmet pocket in the headrest hits her head at an odd angle.

any suggestions or similar experiences?

advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks
mark

12 years and counting until vintage status
Old 09-24-2003, 06:33 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I'm surprised by the back of the legs comment. I wish the seats had less support on the seat bottom edge as it puts too much pressure on the back of my thighs just above the knees. My wife is 5'2" and doesn't complain about the seats at all.

As for the headrest, that's easy. Just get Ricks head rest inserts. Ricks is a sponser and the guy who runs fall colors this year.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:05 AM

I find the seat great. Being on the road in sales and driving 125km - 150km daily, they need to be comfortable.

My wife on the other hand, as a passenger she was complaining last weekend during a 1hr drive. She said that the pressure on her left thigh was putting her leg to sleep. She had to keep shifting side to side. She's 5'-6", I thought if she move the seat forward to raise her knee height, that might help.

I think she just wants to get behind the wheel more often!
Old 09-24-2003, 08:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For whatever reason, the left side bolster puts pressure on my left-side back above the kidney. It hurts. The right side is fine. Its weird. I don't have any fat back there (that is reserved for other places ) so its not like I'm too big for the seat. It's basically crushing the left side of the rear part of my rib cage. The drive to Fall Colors will be a real test.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:55 PM

How is your SO comfort for long drives?

Terrible. She wont do it. I have known that for 17 years. We got married 18 years ago.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:57 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

genghiskwong, first of all you can't take my wife for a long drive but if you did you would find her to be very comfortable.

My wife would have liked more space to move her rather long body around in the S2000 on long trips but she didn't complain -- much.

Have your wife wear a helmet if you are on a long drive so her head will fit into the helmet pocket. That way if the top is down her hair won't blow around and she won't have to listen to you for hours on end. For her it's a win/win.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:02 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

My longest drive to date is 2-1/2 hours with no issues other than needing more sunblock.....
Old 09-24-2003, 04:05 PM

CG,

Old 09-24-2003, 04:09 PM

GG- Yeah, but then they get "hat-hair", so I get a lose/lose.
genghisk-nawhlins- my wife is 5'4" and thin, and finds the seats just fine, esp. as regards the lower back support. My son is short and skinny and fits the seat well. He and I went on a marathon blast thro several Western states last year, spending 10-12 hours in the S and the comfort never left. We both could have jumped right back in the saddle. I (ahem) fill the seat, and have never had a more comfortable ride.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:34 PM

I find the seat to be very comfortable. But I am pretty short (5'-6"). It is the most comfortable long drive seating I have had. My wife who is 5'-4" likes the seat because it sits low and her legs are more out stretched. She has had some vein problems in her legs so this positoning is more comfortable for her.

Jay

Quick Reply: How is your SO comfort for long drives?