I can't believe she did it. - Page 3 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Vintage Owners
Reload this Page >

I can't believe she did it.

Notices
S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

I can't believe she did it.

Old 03-04-2019, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary View Post
We did the kitchen last year. It's coming up on just about a year since completion. We still have no shades by the kitchen sink window and have the $2.99 Home Depot paper shades and tape by the sliding door.

She wants to get some new furniture in the living room now that we have a new TV. I'm OK with it, but want to get old projects completed before we start new ones. So when she brings up the living room, I head down this path:

Me: Let's get the shades for the kitchen done before we work on another project?
Her: When do you want to go shopping?
Me: Why do I need to go, what I say doesn't matter does it?
Her: Nope. You're right.
Me: Ok, so, when are you going shopping?
I highly recommend JCPenney for shades. I have four new ones in the box they were sent it, waiting for me to attempt putting them up myself or to hire someone to do it. She can explore brands, types and colors on line and get a price. At Home Depot, you can check out their Bali (and other brands) example books to see the actual colors and textures of all the window coverings. You can also order free samples online from Home Depot, once you figure out their online site. Once I used Home Depot to decide exactly the shades I wanted, I ordered them inside a JCPenney store, because it was a little too much detail for online ordering. They were 40% off and way cheaper than Home Depot's price. I also have drapes, curtain rods and vertical blinds I ordered online at JCPenney.com. I managed putting up the drapes and rods myself but paid my painter to put up the vertical blinds.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:31 AM

I highly recommend you stay AWAY FROM Smith & Noble. Lousy product, poorly made.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Morris View Post
I highly recommend you stay AWAY FROM Smith & Noble. Lousy product, poorly made.
I'm not a fan of Hunter Douglas, either. I went with Bali cellular shades to replace some Hunter Douglas blinds.

^The Hunter Douglas blind by the kitchen table should never have been made. It's too heavy. It came with the house and replacing it has me replacing the two small windows next to it and the identical blind in my office. Of course, I'm thinking to paint a bit there, too, before the new shades go on. Waiting for my painter another week. Oh, looking at the photo, I added those drapes between the windows, too, from Penneys.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:16 AM

Next Day Blinds works for me. I have Hunter Douglas Roman shades in my living room...I love them. Pretty sure I have Hunter Douglas bamboo shades on my balcony, too. I really love those. I am not a curtain fan at all.

Last edited by MsPerky; 03-04-2019 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:19 AM

You can see the bamboo ones in the background on all my balcony plant pics. Example...

Old 03-04-2019, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Kyras View Post
In the summer of 2003, AK wanted to put in granite throughout our Acton house including three bathrooms and the kitchen. He found what he liked and I liked it too. It was unusual and colorful. Much later, I decided it looked lousy with the cabinets. Of course, the border wallpaper wasn't much better. I wonder if the man who bought the house in 2017 changed out the cabinets. I moved out in March 2008 so it was changed a lot after that.

Wow, that is some busy stone patterning.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
Wow, that is some busy stone patterning.
Yeah! We loved it. It would have been nice with plain painted cabinets.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by MsPerky View Post
Next Day Blinds works for me. I have Hunter Douglas Roman shades in my living room...I love them. Pretty sure I have Hunter Douglas bamboo shades on my balcony, too. I really love those. I am not a curtain fan at all.
We've looked at the typical blinds places near us. Cindy wasn't happy with any of it. The sliding door needs needs to be vertical so we can move it left/right and open the door. The Window can be a normal shade.

We probably should have considered the sliding door with the shade built in. It would be done and no discussion.

I think she's hung up on matching it and finding a fabric she likes. I just don't see an out of the box color/config being it, but maybe she'll surprise me. At some point, if she wants anything else done, she'll make the decision and get something.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras View Post
It would have been nice with plain painted cabinets.
Indeed.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:13 PM

Typical discussion (actual in this case).

Her: "They're coming next week to tear out the kitchen cabinets, replace them with all white, add under-counter lighting, add granite counter tops, and repaint the kitchen."

Me: "I assume the implied task for me is to be home all next week?"

Her: The Look,

Discussion ends.
End of transcript.

-- Chuck

Quick Reply: I can't believe she did it.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands