S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Vintage Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/)
-   -   I did a search on S2Ki but did not find an answer (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/i-did-search-s2ki-but-did-not-find-answer-1185012/)

PokS2k 05-25-2018 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras (Post 24463547)
I don't have a clue, Matt. I loved XM way back in 2001 but quit subscribing around 2012 when I'd just turn it off. What stations do you like? I listen to CDs but my '17 EX-L Pilot doesn't have a CD player! How rude.

Hi,

Have you considered converting the cds to mp3 files and putting the files on a memory stick? Or onto your phone if you have enough memory?

The Raptor 05-25-2018 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by zdave87 (Post 24463585)
Wouldn't it be easier just to get a new receiver that has SiriusXM built into it (along with HD Radio etc)?

Big Red has that. Sirius XM is all I listen to.

Matt_in_VA 05-26-2018 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by zdave87 (Post 24463585)
Wouldn't it be easier just to get a new receiver that has SiriusXM built into it (along with HD Radio etc)?

Yes. But I want to keep my AP1 Stock for the value when the time comes to sell it.

Matt_in_VA 05-26-2018 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by MAGGIEMAE (Post 24463600)
Matt

We have been running Sirius through the stock radio for years:) We can discuss at SF but basically all you need is the radio and antenna. We also have the in line FM that attaches to the cars antenna into the system. I will dig out the exact info and forward to you.
We have been all over NA with this setup and have had very few issues.

Thanks for the E-mail.

Lainey 05-26-2018 07:15 PM

Matt

We have been running Sirius through the stock radio for years:) We can discuss at SF but basically all you need is the radio and antenna. We also have the in line FM that attaches to the cars antenna into the system. I will dig out the exact info and forward to you.

I would not mind this info as well. I will PM you my email if you would not mind forwarding to me as well.

Lainey 05-26-2018 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by PokS2k (Post 24463917)

Hi,

Have you considered converting the cds to mp3 files and putting the files on a memory stick? Or onto your phone if you have enough memory?

Do you still have the stock radio? If so, how are you getting the music to play from your phone or a memory stick? We were just talking about this tonight. Sick of hearing the same old CDs and I'm not very good at keeping up with purchasing/downloading new music, nor am I into streaming.
I love the Sirius radio on the Jeep and we have it in the P car for 6 months. Would not mind it in the Honda for the summer months too

hecash 05-26-2018 10:32 PM

Matt

I, too, would like to have your information. TIA

kgf3076 05-26-2018 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA (Post 24465703)
Yes. But I want to keep my AP1 Stock for the value when the time comes to sell it.

Replace it and hang on to the OEM radio. When you decide to sell, reinstall the OEM radio.

PokS2k 05-27-2018 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey (Post 24465707)
Do you still have the stock radio? If so, how are you getting the music to play from your phone or a memory stick? We were just talking about this tonight. Sick of hearing the same old CDs and I'm not very good at keeping up with purchasing/downloading new music, nor am I into streaming.
I love the Sirius radio on the Jeep and we have it in the P car for 6 months. Would not mind it in the Honda for the summer months too

no, I replaced my radio a long time ago. I have an Alpine and wired a line to the aux. connection. I have my car set up so that I mount my iPhone and then can use google maps and play music. I can also use the phone, I can hear the caller well since they talk thru the radio, but it can be hard for people to hear me reply.

I am assuming Patricia has a usb I put since her radio does not have a CD player.

S2KRAY 05-27-2018 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by The Raptor (Post 24463933)
Big Red has that. Sirius XM is all I listen to.

I listen to XM on both vehicles plus I downloaded all our albums from Apple Music into both vehicles.