S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

I park the car, and we have a new govn'r.........

Old 10-07-2003, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I park the car, and we have a new govn'r.........

cooler tonight, the moon just short of full...........traffic was light, pretty much all to myself.........what a great sensation as I pass through 6K......on to 9 thou and catch that next gear...........got Little Feat playing, Dixie Chicken...............pull into the garage............the polls have just closed, and the early numbers show we have a new governor..............he's got a huge task in front of him....................I guess time will tell.........god, I hope he is up to it.............

greybeard
Old 10-07-2003, 08:10 PM

No offense to the fans of Arnold, but I think I'd go top off the gas tank and get outta there.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wish I could.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:54 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

First we have Ronnie (back from the Prairie); and then Jesse (emerging from Lake Wobegon); and now (if this prediction is true).... Arnold (ready for Terminator duty )

May I be the first eastern "sympathy" post of the new day in California... God Help Y'All

No wonder the Europeans, Canadians, Australians et al. think that the Americans are
Old 10-08-2003, 02:23 AM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

The State of California continues to amaze and mystify me.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:26 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I guess I was born contrary. Give Arnold a chance. Look at the guy he's replacing and the mess he made. Something like 72% wanted Davis out and that's with more than 60% turning out to vote.

BTW, Jesse wasn't too bad. Also, Arnold is much smarter than people give him credit for. Think about it. How many immigrant middle class muscle builders who can't speak English have done what Arnold has done. He may not be smooth, he may be crass, but he isn't stupid.

The bigger issue. What about womanizing/groping and politics? What is the right answer here? Shouldn't we be against it, or ignore it, regardless of the candidate's political party? Plenty of similar allegations against Clinton, but the same groups that turned a blind eye to his antics are out in force against Arnold. This is why I am not active in politics. Too many hypocrisies for me in both parties.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:16 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Legal Bill
I guess I was born contrary.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:26 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I just tried to post a reply to all of this and I can't find the words.
This has now been written an erased 3 times.
Here it goes.

I cannot believe the people of this state allowed themselves to be railroaded. How so, well....

- persuaded to recall a governor that we JUST Re-elected, nothing wrong with public opinion 10 months ago.

- fooled into thinking this is one persons doing. Ha! Where is the uprising to oust all the senators and congressmen who were just as involved in the downfall. Don't give me the old "He's ultimately responsible" BS either. We all know policy is set well below his level.

- blinded into thinking we are the only state to be in financial trouble. More like 40 out of 50.

- stupid enough to elect a cultural icon/figurehead with no political history - except for his history of NOT EVEN VOTING. Nice voting record for our "Governator". Oh, but he can run a business. In that case, lets elect Warren Buffet and Bill Gates to the White House. YEAH - RECALL BUSH NEXT!

The least we could have done was replaced Davis with someone with a political clue. Arnold will spend a majority of his 2 remaining years just finding his ass.

LORD help us all!
Old 10-08-2003, 08:14 AM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I am afraid that we are trivializing the electoral process. We are taking valuable tools like recall and impeachment and applying them to political whims. I hope the trend ends, but I am afraid that this is only the beginning. I am concerned. I am very concerned.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:03 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hockey

- blinded into thinking we are the only state to be in financial trouble. More like 40 out of 50.

Unfortunately the way Mr Davis was running things the State of California has more debt that the other FIFTY STATES COMBINED!

Quick Reply: I park the car, and we have a new govn'r.........