S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

I'm Fat! 2018.

Old 01-01-2018, 02:00 PM

Received 2,531 Likes on 1,526 Posts

Todays weigh in was great but I have been down sick for the last three days.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:28 PM

Received 3,513 Likes on 2,377 Posts

Every day is the next step in the journey,
It's up to you to determine it's direction.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:18 PM

Received 4,947 Likes on 3,001 Posts

I'm ready.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:17 AM

Received 2,763 Likes on 1,624 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
I'm ready.

I didn't do much damage over the holiday. Weighed in today up just a pound, so I still have the same several pounds to deal with that I had a year ago. Since I'm not looking to lose much, it''s a real battle and I know it will likely take a month to even lose one pound. When it takes so long to see results, I start to think, "gee, a few pounds extra when one is older is OK". But I am going to make an effort. I have not had any candy yet today. That is huge for me. I'm going to eat an egg with one toast more often for breakfast, foregoing the peanut butter on toast that I usually eat for breakfast. I will try hard to not snack after dinner and limit my handful of M&M's which I will continue to have for dessert. When eating out, I'll make healthy choices. I'll continue to hit the YMCA as often as I can. If these efforts don't yield any results, then it.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:14 PM

Received 2,531 Likes on 1,526 Posts

I've got the foot doctors OK to start swimming next week.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:19 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

I've watched this thread for a few years but don't remember posting on it. I won't admit how much I have to loose AGAIN but it is not a small number, perhaps posting hear will help with the right mind set and perseverance needed. I love Lainey's quote, "If these efforts don't yield any results, then it".
We have another weekend of feasting before us and are doing our best to keep the intake down this week to try and stave off any increase in body weight. I think it is the wine that really does the damage.

Last edited by Tachus; 01-02-2018 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:45 PM

Received 705 Likes on 477 Posts

No weight gain over the holidays. Hitting my home gym doing weight training and cardiovascular work on the bike. Too damn cold to go out.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:51 PM

Received 2,763 Likes on 1,624 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey

I didn't do much damage over the holiday. Weighed in today up just a pound, so I still have the same several pounds to deal with that I had a year ago. Since I'm not looking to lose much, it''s a real battle and I know it will likely take a month to even lose one pound. When it takes so long to see results, I start to think, "gee, a few pounds extra when one is older is OK". But I am going to make an effort. I have not had any candy yet today. That is huge for me. I'm going to eat an egg with one toast more often for breakfast, foregoing the peanut butter on toast that I usually eat for breakfast. I will try hard to not snack after dinner and limit my handful of M&M's which I will continue to have for dessert. When eating out, I'll make healthy choices. I'll continue to hit the YMCA as often as I can. If these efforts don't yield any results, then it.
OK, no candy until my after dinner dessert of M&M's Had kale soup at lunch, dodged the potatoes, but did eat crackers. Stew for dinner, only a couple bites of potatoes, but ate a little bread, no butter. I have no intention of cutting out any specific food, that doesn't work for me. Overall I did have a healthier eating day, and attended my Zumba class at the Y. I'm SURE I'll be five pounds lighter tomorrow!
Originally Posted by Scooterboy
I've got the foot doctors OK to start swimming next week.
Glad to hear it!
Originally Posted by Tachus
I've watched this thread for a few years but don't remember posting on it. I won't admit how much I have to loose AGAIN but it is not a small number, perhaps posting hear will help with the right mind set and perseverance needed. I love Lainey's quote, "If these efforts don't yield any results, then it".
We have another weekend of feasting before us and are doing our best to keep the intake down this week to try and stave off any increase in body weight. I think it is the wine that really does the damage.
If one likes wine, it can add the calories quickly. I'm not a fan of alcohol, but of chocolate and snacking.....it's not easy. Keep checking in, Catherine.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:11 PM

Received 4,947 Likes on 3,001 Posts

I'm off to a great start. Couple drinks... off to dinner with friends... big bowl of chili ... couple drinks ... got home; a bunch of shelled peanuts (really needed them, since I had some popcorn before even before the chili) . . . so after all that good salty stuff, what's better than a drink and some ice cream! Maybe I should consider Jan 3 as the kick-off day, cause today was not it.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:28 PM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

Way to go,Dave.

Quick Reply: I'm Fat! 2018.