S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

I'm Fat, 2019. Please join me!

Old 03-03-2019, 05:06 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Weight is coming off at a slow rate now. Hope it is a temporary setback. I've found in the past that you hit a wall at some point that takes awhile to break through. I need to stay the course and wait it out.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:09 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
I would find it very difficult to cook things for others when I can't eat them myself.
I have that issue. My wife would have a bowl of Cheerios for every meal if I didn't cook. She loses weight at the blink of an eye, so I need to make a substantial meal for her, and then I sit down with a salad.

Old 03-03-2019, 05:31 AM

Received 171 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill

I’m glad the thread helped. How are you feeling?
I feel great, did this same diet back in 2015.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:38 AM

Received 4,929 Likes on 2,989 Posts

Up 1 but its the weekend - somethings never change.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:40 AM

Received 171 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
I agree that 600 calories is really, really low, especially over a longer period of time. Since you are the cook, is everyone else eating what you are?? I would find it very difficult to cook things for others when I can't eat them myself. That being said, your weight loss is impressive.
I cook the usual for the family, they don’t eat what I eat. It really helped that I don’t do breakfast, and I’m too busy for lunch at work. With the help of the app, I was able to calorie count by weighting everything.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:03 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by poorshoeless

I cook the usual for the family, they don’t eat what I eat. It really helped that I don’t do breakfast, and I’m too busy for lunch at work. With the help of the app, I was able to calorie count by weighting everything.
Sounds like you found a program or routine that works for you.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:05 AM

172.5!! 2.6 pounds away from the next decade.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:17 AM

Received 909 Likes on 538 Posts

Reach my goal yesterday, will continue to stay on this for another week. My daily average intake was about 600 calories (MyFitnessPal). Hardest part of this diet was I am the cook in the family. Thanks for starting this thread Bill.

Sounds like you found a program or routine that works for you.
I'm sorry to be a "Debbie Downer" or "Party Pooper," but unless a program or routine is sustainable for the long term, I don't think it is really working. Yes, of course, one can definitely lose weight on 600 calories per day, but to me the idea is to lose the weight and keep it off permanently.

And, I'm pretty sure that 600 calories per day would not be sustainable for the long term.

That said, I wish all of you luck in losing the weight that you want to lose, and keeping it off, too.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by buckeyesue
I'm sorry to be a "Debbie Downer" or "Party Pooper," but unless a program or routine is sustainable for the long term, I don't think it is really working. Yes, of course, one can definitely lose weight on 600 calories per day, but to me the idea is to lose the weight and keep it off permanently.

And, I'm pretty sure that 600 calories per day would not be sustainable for the long term.
What weight loss program is sustainable?
Old 03-04-2019, 05:38 AM

Received 909 Likes on 538 Posts

What weight loss program is sustainable?
I hope that you saw that I edited my original post to say, "That said, I wish all of you luck in losing the weight that you want to lose, and keeping it off, too."

That is probably true that "weight loss programs" are not sustainable.

However, since about Feb 1, 2017, I have lost over 35 pounds and I have kept it off.

I was not, and I am not, doing a "weight loss program." I have made a permanent lifestyle change.

My "goal" was never to achieve a certain weight. My "goal" is to keep my AIC number in check, and to do so, my "program" must be life-long.

Losing weight just happened apparently because I was watching the timing of eating carbohydrates and how many carbohydrates I ate per meal or snack, and I guess as a result, I must have also lowered my calories per day.

Quick Reply: I'm Fat, 2019. Please join me!