S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Vintage Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/)
-   -   I'm Fat, 2019. Please join me! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/im-fat-2019-please-join-me-1190682/)

Legal Bill 12-30-2018 03:41 PM

I'm Fat, 2019. Please join me!

I'm really going to try next year. Only two days to go. I want to lose 40 pounds. I'd like to see some of you join me.

Scooterboy 12-30-2018 04:26 PM

I and my cardiologist would be happy if I lose 20lbs. We will see what happens!

Emil St-Hilaire 12-30-2018 04:34 PM

Bill,if you loose 40 pounds,we won’t be able to see you anymore...:banghead:

boltonblue 12-30-2018 06:07 PM

an honest goal would be 40 lbs, a stretch goal would be 60 lbs, but the objective would be 80 lbs.
I hide weight really well.

Conedodger 12-30-2018 06:15 PM

I'm in. With my inactivity due to bad hips, and now recovery time with the replacements, I've packed on more than I'd like. My goal is to lose 25lbs.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...9248d393e3.jpg

ralper 12-30-2018 08:12 PM

Liz wants me to lose 30 lbs, but for now I'll be happy if I can drop 15 in the not too distant future. Of course, I have to do something about my sweet tooth and discipline myself to exercise. I'm in and I'm going to try hard, but because I love to nosh I won't make any promises. (Where are those chocolate chip cookies?)

dlq04 12-30-2018 09:25 PM

Back in 2010 I started a diet, probably because Legal Bill said he was fat and wanted everyone to join him. So I started recording this stuff. I was 192 and a year later I was 176. Thanks Bill. A year later I was 183, and a year later 183, but in 2014 I was at 188 and a year later 195 and then by January 2016 I was 197. In 2017 I was 192 and at the start of 2018 I was 194. Seems so easy when you just track some points in time. Heck, I only gained 2 pounds in 8 years. Considering I break every rule ever written on what to eat and I do it all the time, I know there’s no point in pushing myself to change. If I remember I’ll weigh myself just for the record to see where I am at start of 2019 but I already know it will be some where between 195-200. But . . . if we were all measuring how far our chests dropped into the space below, I would not be sharing any numbers. I'm planning on having mirrors removed soon.

Lainey 12-31-2018 04:49 AM

I'm stuck where I've been for a while. A few pounds heavier than my preferred weight and several pounds heavier than when I discovered Zumba, and was really careful about what I was eating. I can't promise any diet. We eat pretty healthy already, and like others, I can't give up my sugar habit. So the goal is to move more than I am, and maybe less snacking. It's all I've got.

Besides if I lose weight it will show in my face, and make me look old. :LOL:

Legal Bill 12-31-2018 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey (Post 24548896)
I'm stuck where I've been for a while. A few pounds heavier than my preferred weight and several pounds heavier than when I discovered Zumba, and was really careful about what I was eating. I can't promise any diet. We eat pretty healthy already, and like others, I can't give up my sugar habit. So the goal is to move more than I am, and maybe less snacking. It's all I've got.

Besides if I lose weight it will show in my face, and make me look old. :LOL:

Nah, not you, Lainey.

But I do have that problem. But what do I care? I'm 60-something and that is the way it goes. I want to get into my pants, not Men's Health magazine.

Legal Bill 12-31-2018 06:02 AM

So...Leaving today and tonight aside... Tomorrow will be a big old salad day for me. Salad for lunch, salad for dinner. I think Barbara and I will do some shopping today to make sure we are stocked up on the good stuff. Fortunately, I have been walking on the treadmill a bit these past three or four weeks. Mot much, mind you. About 25 minutes twice a week. But that is enough to get me started without hurting myself with a daily routine of 20 to 25 minutes.

As usual, I'll be tracking every metric I can think of to find encouragement along the way. This includes:

Daily weigh-ins
dealing with hunger and food urges
drops in food consumption
limitations on alcohol
exercise improvements and the related improvements in strength, agility, and endurance
sleep habit improvements
clothing fit improvements and drops in sizes
Improvements in processing, focus, thinking and memory. What I call clear-headedness. My mind always seems to work slower when I'm fat.

I urge all of you to do something similar, just because of how much these improvements help to keep you on track, especially when you are having trouble thinking of a reason to not have that second helping, drink, or bag of snack foods after dinner.

Identify your weaknesses and build your defenses.

I'm pretty good most of the day, but at night, after dinner, I cave in and eat all sorts of things, sometimes until I feel sick. I combat this with a routine.

Eat a sensible dinner.
Get changed into work-out clothes.
Tell my wife I'm going to work-out.
Watch perhaps a single half-hour show, just to digest a bit before getting started. (Having told my wife about working out, she will remind me after the show is over.)
Get on the treadmill or elliptical and exercise for a half hour or more.
Add weights and abdominal work as I progress.
If at all possible, find some other activity after the work-out. Cleaning house, fixing broken things, doing some car or fishing gear maintenance.

Not only do i get my mind off food, I get a lot accomplished and even save some money on things I might have hired others to do so that I'd have more time to sit on my ass and eat snacks.

All of these are things that work for me and I'm sure you have different things that work for you. Please share them here.