S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Vintage Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/)
-   -   I'm Fat, 2019. Please join me! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/im-fat-2019-please-join-me-1190682/)

Legal Bill 03-05-2019 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by S1997 (Post 24573863)
Little setback over the weekend. We had a visitor from South Carolina Friday - Sunday — three full days of Shriner’s College Baseball tournament. Too many friends partying with cold beers, hotdogs, peanuts, popcorn, cracker Jacks... OMG does that set you back! Back up to 182 from 178 - but recovering! :)

Here's a tip. Drink PLENTY of water and stay away from salty foods for a few days. That quick-on weight will be quick-off as well.

Kyras 03-05-2019 07:34 PM

Little setback over the weekend. We had a visitor from South Carolina Friday - Sunday — three full days of Shriner’s College Baseball tournament. Too many friends partying with cold beers, hotdogs, peanuts, popcorn, cracker Jacks... OMG does that set you back! Back up to 182 from 178 - but recovering! :)

Life should be lived and weight loss can take a back seat! I'm sure you enjoyed yourself, Jim and your friends enjoyed you.

I went to my son's for dinner. No waiting until 6 p.m. to start adult beverages or food. If I have to pay for it tomorrow or more, so be it.

Legal Bill 03-06-2019 04:50 AM

174.2. This makes me sad. I did not over eat. I did not eat anything unusual from my regular diet. I did, however, take a rest day from exercise. Still, it is almost a two pound gain. I cannot explain it.

Conedodger 03-06-2019 06:27 AM

I was pleasantly surprised this morning. I'm down another pound. Had lunch out yesterday and thought it may set me back, but it was a salad and I was careful the rest of the day. Hope I have crossed the threshold and the weight starts dropping like it was a few weeks ago. Still have managed a 17lb. loss without any real exercise. That gives me hope that I can sustain a good weight down the road.

Hertz Donut 03-06-2019 12:33 PM

200.5 this morning. Unfortunately I had a load of cortisone shot into my foot yesterday afternoon so no walking/running for the next week or so.

Lainey 03-06-2019 04:08 PM

So disappointed. My favorite Y class was taught by a sub last week and again today. The usual instructor has a knee issue, but I get the feeling this change is permanent. The instructor was fine, but the class totally lacked the fun/energy level that I'm used to at this particular class. The class is generally a good cardio work out. Today we used more weights, heart rate went up, but I just wasn't feeling it. I'm glad I will soon have options to pick and choose my classes. This class is at the Y that is some distance away. I may not rush over for that one in the future.

dlq04 03-06-2019 04:56 PM

Sometimes there are things more important than starving! I just did the same thing for two days - and avoided the scales.

dlq04 03-06-2019 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey (Post 24574374)
So disappointed. My favorite Y class was taught by a sub last week and again today. The usual instructor has a knee issue, but I get the feeling this change is permanent. The instructor was fine, but the class totally lacked the fun/energy level that I'm used to at this particular class. The class is generally a good cardio work out. Today we used more weights, heart rate went up, but I just wasn't feeling it. I'm glad I will soon have options to pick and choose my classes. This class is at the Y that is some distance away. I may not rush over for that one in the future.

Nothing stays the same. Part of life's lessons. As my wife likes to say . . .

Really, it is people that make the difference in our lives. Good luck in finding a good replacement.

Lainey 03-06-2019 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by dlq04 (Post 24574392)

Really, it is people that make the difference in our lives. Good luck in finding a good replacement.

This is true. Instructors do come and go. My favorite Zumba instructor no longer teaches. She was the best. Life goes on. There is a sub for my Saturday AM class. She is GREAT, no matter what class she is doing.

Kyras 03-06-2019 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by dlq04 (Post 24574392)

So spot on!