Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Vintage Owners
Reload this Page >

I'm Fat, 2019. Please join me!

S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

I'm Fat, 2019. Please join me!

 
Old 03-05-2019, 04:07 PM
  #501  
Thread Starter
 
Legal Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Canton, MA
Posts: 33,025
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by S1997 View Post
Little setback over the weekend. We had a visitor from South Carolina Friday - Sunday — three full days of Shriner’s College Baseball tournament. Too many friends partying with cold beers, hotdogs, peanuts, popcorn, cracker Jacks... OMG does that set you back! Back up to 182 from 178 - but recovering!
Here's a tip. Drink PLENTY of water and stay away from salty foods for a few days. That quick-on weight will be quick-off as well.
Legal Bill is offline  
Old 03-05-2019, 07:34 PM
  #502  
 
Kyras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Loveland, CO
Posts: 36,021
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by S1997 View Post
Little setback over the weekend. We had a visitor from South Carolina Friday - Sunday — three full days of Shriner’s College Baseball tournament. Too many friends partying with cold beers, hotdogs, peanuts, popcorn, cracker Jacks... OMG does that set you back! Back up to 182 from 178 - but recovering!
Life should be lived and weight loss can take a back seat! I'm sure you enjoyed yourself, Jim and your friends enjoyed you.

I went to my son's for dinner. No waiting until 6 p.m. to start adult beverages or food. If I have to pay for it tomorrow or more, so be it.
Kyras is online now  
Old 03-06-2019, 04:50 AM
  #503  
Thread Starter
 
Legal Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Canton, MA
Posts: 33,025
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Default

174.2. This makes me sad. I did not over eat. I did not eat anything unusual from my regular diet. I did, however, take a rest day from exercise. Still, it is almost a two pound gain. I cannot explain it.
Legal Bill is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 06:27 AM
  #504  
 
Conedodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 13,451
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

I was pleasantly surprised this morning. I'm down another pound. Had lunch out yesterday and thought it may set me back, but it was a salad and I was careful the rest of the day. Hope I have crossed the threshold and the weight starts dropping like it was a few weeks ago. Still have managed a 17lb. loss without any real exercise. That gives me hope that I can sustain a good weight down the road.
Conedodger is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 12:33 PM
  #505  
Registered User
 
Hertz Donut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 156
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

200.5 this morning. Unfortunately I had a load of cortisone shot into my foot yesterday afternoon so no walking/running for the next week or so.
Hertz Donut is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 04:08 PM
  #506  
 
Lainey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Smalltown
Posts: 55,538
Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts
Default

So disappointed. My favorite Y class was taught by a sub last week and again today. The usual instructor has a knee issue, but I get the feeling this change is permanent. The instructor was fine, but the class totally lacked the fun/energy level that I'm used to at this particular class. The class is generally a good cardio work out. Today we used more weights, heart rate went up, but I just wasn't feeling it. I'm glad I will soon have options to pick and choose my classes. This class is at the Y that is some distance away. I may not rush over for that one in the future.
Lainey is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 04:56 PM
  #507  
 
dlq04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Mish-she-gan
Posts: 29,724
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by S1997 View Post
Little setback over the weekend. We had a visitor from South Carolina Friday - Sunday — three full days of Shriner’s College Baseball tournament. Too many friends partying with cold beers, hotdogs, peanuts, popcorn, cracker Jacks... OMG does that set you back! Back up to 182 from 178 - but recovering!
Sometimes there are things more important than starving! I just did the same thing for two days - and avoided the scales.
dlq04 is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 04:59 PM
  #508  
 
dlq04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Mish-she-gan
Posts: 29,724
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
So disappointed. My favorite Y class was taught by a sub last week and again today. The usual instructor has a knee issue, but I get the feeling this change is permanent. The instructor was fine, but the class totally lacked the fun/energy level that I'm used to at this particular class. The class is generally a good cardio work out. Today we used more weights, heart rate went up, but I just wasn't feeling it. I'm glad I will soon have options to pick and choose my classes. This class is at the Y that is some distance away. I may not rush over for that one in the future.
Nothing stays the same. Part of life's lessons. As my wife likes to say . . .

Really, it is people that make the difference in our lives. Good luck in finding a good replacement.
dlq04 is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 05:21 PM
  #509  
 
Lainey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Smalltown
Posts: 55,538
Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dlq04 View Post
Nothing stays the same. Part of life's lessons. As my wife likes to say . . .

Really, it is people that make the difference in our lives. Good luck in finding a good replacement.
This is true. Instructors do come and go. My favorite Zumba instructor no longer teaches. She was the best. Life goes on. There is a sub for my Saturday AM class. She is GREAT, no matter what class she is doing.
Lainey is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 06:06 PM
  #510  
 
Kyras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Loveland, CO
Posts: 36,021
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dlq04 View Post
Nothing stays the same. Part of life's lessons. As my wife likes to say . . .

Really, it is people that make the difference in our lives. Good luck in finding a good replacement.
So spot on!
Kyras is online now  

Quick Reply: I'm Fat, 2019. Please join me!


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands