S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

I'm home from Tomcatt 13

Old 06-17-2018, 04:17 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Mark and I waived to Denny as we left the hotel about 6:50 am. Going up 77 he got to experience driving top down in the rain. We split up at route 70 and he went on to Erie via 80. Thanks eveyone for welcoming Mark (banks cottage) to the group and making his first run a great experience.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:38 PM

Received 219 Likes on 162 Posts

Mary and I arrived home a little before 4 p.m. this afternoon. We had a delightful weekend. Good friends good times. Tom Curda was absolutely correct, "life is good!"
The following users liked this post:
JoePhotographer (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 04:04 AM

Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Got home at 8:30, after leaving Marietta at 6:00. Made my 10:00 and 12:00 soccer matches in the steaming 90 degree heat. It was my last two matches as a US Soccer State level Referee. Transitioning to a State Emeritus Referee for 2019. Glad to see everyone again and make a few new friends. Glad to see Jon and Callie made it over for the event. Hope they can design a meet in WVA.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:17 AM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Callie and I got home at around 8:00pm Saturday evening. We took RT 16 from Ellenboro WV to Clay which is a really good road if anyone is in the area again. A WV meet would be fun if we could just figure out where to eat. Lots of good roads, not a lot of destinations though.
Looking forward to updates on your trip out west Jamie!
Old 06-18-2018, 07:52 AM

Received 972 Likes on 665 Posts

Originally Posted by WVCR-V
Callie and I got home at around 8:00pm Saturday evening. We took RT 16 from Ellenboro WV to Clay which is a really good road if anyone is in the area again. A WV meet would be fun if we could just figure out where to eat. Lots of good roads, not a lot of destinations though.
Looking forward to updates on your trip out west Jamie!
Jon, check your email.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey this is Mike, the local guy that joined with my girlfriend Angie. We got home, well, about 15 minutes after dinner lol

Had a lot of fun, and was really impressed with how well my car drove with the new setup, even without an alignment yet. Angie wasn't quite as impressed, and I think I may have gained a few fingernail marks in the passenger door handle.

I'm still trying to keep everyone's names straight. I'm so bad about forgetting names immediately after introducing myself, and now also trying to figure out forum names as well. But barring any scheduling conflicts, I expect I'll be joining these runs as long as everyone keeps doing them. So eventually I'll figure it out.

Thanks again for letting us join in the fun and I look forward to seeing everyone next time!
Old 06-18-2018, 02:19 PM

Received 972 Likes on 665 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitroturtle
Hey this is Mike, the local guy that joined with my girlfriend Angie. We got home, well, about 15 minutes after dinner lol

Had a lot of fun, and was really impressed with how well my car drove with the new setup, even without an alignment yet. Angie wasn't quite as impressed, and I think I may have gained a few fingernail marks in the passenger door handle.

I'm still trying to keep everyone's names straight. I'm so bad about forgetting names immediately after introducing myself, and now also trying to figure out forum names as well. But barring any scheduling conflicts, I expect I'll be joining these runs as long as everyone keeps doing them. So eventually I'll figure it out.

Thanks again for letting us join in the fun and I look forward to seeing everyone next time!
Glad you made it Mike, Maybe Angie will get used to the not so sedate pace next time. See you next year at the Tomcatt.

-ken
Old 06-18-2018, 04:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kgf3076
Glad you made it Mike, Maybe Angie will get used to the not so sedate pace next time. See you next year at the Tomcatt.

-ken
She definitely got better as the drive went on, so I'm hoping it desensitized her a bit. The trick will be convincing her to go along next time, now knowing what she's in for.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:34 AM

Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitroturtle
She definitely got better as the drive went on, so I'm hoping it desensitized her a bit. The trick will be convincing her to go along next time, now knowing what she's in for.
The next drive for OKI is the Route 78 run. Watch this Vintage Owners forum and the S2000 Cincinnati Facebook page for the announcement.

I'll try to post pics of the road to Seattle (Mt Baker) and S2KDays while I'm on the road.

Cheers
Jamie
Old 06-20-2018, 03:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks to everyone! I’m glad your travels were safe. I had a blast and looking forward to next year!
The following users liked this post:
JoePhotographer (06-20-2018)

Quick Reply: I'm home from Tomcatt 13