S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Vintage Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/)
-   -   Introverts/Extroverts. Night owls/early to bed. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/introverts-extroverts-night-owls-early-bed-1167518/)

Kyras 12-31-2016 10:24 PM

Introverts/Extroverts. Night owls/early to bed.

What are your opinions/thoughts/experiences with these two extremes?

Again, introverts contrasted with extroverts. ... Ambiverts? A combination of each?

Night owls and earlier to bed? Can they coexist?

dlq04 12-31-2016 10:30 PM

Trouble in paridise? It's 2:30 into a new year and I'll let you know tomorrow... maybe. :)

Kyras 12-31-2016 11:12 PM

Not paradise. Not trouble. Just differences. Lots of similarities but no body is close to my crazyness.

MsPerky 01-01-2017 04:11 AM

Well, introvert/extrovert and night owl/earlier to bed are two different things. I would say that the night owl difference is easier to deal with. You can work around that by doing things you want/need in the morning while the night owl is sleeping. Extrovert/introvert can be a problem (and maybe a dealbreaker) since it affects your social life. One wants to go out and the other one doesn't, for instance. You really want to do things together as well as separately. Ultimately, IMO shared values and some common interests are most important for a good relationship.

Both my ex and the +1 are night owls. I'm not. But we are all introverts with some extrovert leanings. The ex lasted 24 years and the +1 is going on 12. I rest my case. :)

S2KRAY 01-01-2017 06:28 AM

My wife and I are extroverts, her more than me. It takes me a while to warm up to strangers but once I get to know them I can go either way. We fall in between earlier to bed and night owls. I stay up a little longer than her unless she is watching something she like on TV. After almost 50 years of wedded bliss our secret is compromise.

skunkworks 01-01-2017 09:31 AM

As one matures they become much more selective of their companions, particularly if you’ve had a successful and rewarding single lifestyle. Hormones become less of a factor and compatibility becomes paramount. However, some will disregard all and live with one another for security and companionship reasons. One must choose wisely and select what works and what is important for them.

Gary

windhund116 01-01-2017 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by skunkworks (Post 24127436)
As one matures they become much more selective of their companions, particularly if you’ve had a successful and rewarding single lifestyle. Hormones become less of a factor and compatibility becomes paramount. However, some will disregard all and live with one another for security and companionship reasons. One must choose wisely and select what works and what is important for them.

Gary

Being visually attracted is still important. I agree, companionship and good communication are even more crucial, as we grow older.

Emil St-Hilaire 01-01-2017 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by skunkworks (Post 24127436)

Gary

Words from a Wise man.:tipwink:

Kyras 01-01-2017 10:59 AM

I'm finding it interesting to be with an extrovert although I'm more introverted. After dating for over two years, Ricky and I have found how to make it work for us. I never have to worry about Ricky feeling left out in a new group. He takes off and charges his spirit with socialization. I can chat and have learned to enjoy talking to people but I recharge by being alone, in quiet nature, preferably. When we first met I never thought it could work between us. It's worked because we understand each other's needs even though we have different ones and we have fun together.

He's an up early to bed early guy, like my ex. I love to stay up late and sleep in. That has worked in our favor most of the time, as well. I'll get some alone time when he's already up and at the gym. Watching DVDs take a little more thought though as far a timing when to start one.

MsPerky 01-01-2017 11:30 AM

Wow...two years already. Time flies...I've not met Ricky, but he looks like an extrovert to me. :)

Kyras 01-01-2017 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by MsPerky (Post 24127477)
Wow...two years already. Time flies...I've not met Ricky, but he looks like an extrovert to me. :)

^Yes, he sure is. He's also a kind and good hearted man. :heart:

Lainey 01-03-2017 04:47 AM

Rick and I fall kind of in the middle in this one. He tends to stay up slightly later than I do, but not much. When we are not working, we are closer to the same bed time, wake up time. The days of sleeping in are long past, but for us, getting up in the wee hours isn't the norm. I'm quite content with 7:30, 8:00 AM at the latest. Any later than that and it feels like I wasted the day. Neither one of us enjoys getting up at 6;15, which we have to do during the work week.

Introvert/extrovert. I may now be a bit more outgoing than I was years ago, but I think, on the lower end of the extrovert classification. He would be more introverted, but not to the point of needing wanting any large blocks of alone time. Both of us are able to enjoy some time by ourselves. I can wander off with my camera all by myself and enjoy the quiet time. He doesn't mind being home alone, working in his garden or even cleaning a car with just some music for company.

Kyras 01-03-2017 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey (Post 24128298)
Rick and I fall kind of in the middle in this one. He tends to stay up slightly later than I do, but not much. When we are not working, we are closer to the same bed time, wake up time. The days of sleeping in are long past, but for us, getting up in the wee hours isn't the norm. I'm quite content with 7:30, 8:00 AM at the latest. Any later than that and it feels like I wasted the day. Neither one of us enjoys getting up at 6;15, which we have to do during the work week.

Introvert/extrovert. I may now be a bit more outgoing than I was years ago, but I think, on the lower end of the extrovert classification. He would be more introverted, but not to the point of needing wanting any large blocks of alone time. Both of us are able to enjoy some time by ourselves. I can wander off with my camera all by myself and enjoy the quiet time. He doesn't mind being home alone, working in his garden or even cleaning a car with just some music for company.

I thought you were more of the extrovert and Rick more of an introvert.

I used to be 100% introvert. With maturity and confidence I'm less introvert and much more comfortable chatting with strangers. Being a volunteer helping strangers for the past 8 years has helped. I'll always need my alone time although I can tolerate Ricky at my house for a week.

Lainey 01-03-2017 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Kyras (Post 24128317)

I used to be 100% introvert. With maturity and confidence I'm less introvert and much more comfortable chatting with strangers. Being a volunteer helping strangers for the past 8 years has helped. I'll always need my alone time although I can tolerate Ricky at my house for a week.

Yep..I will be the one to speak to strangers, Rick, not so much. Hanging out with car peeps, and making new friendships at the YMCA has made me a little more extroverted than in the past. I think in my case, it also has to do with getting older in years, and not being so concerned about what others may think. High school lasts longer than many realize. :LOL:

boltonblue 01-04-2017 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Kyras (Post 24128317)

Folks who know me now would have a hard time believing I was very shy as a kid.
A few years working retail fixed that. can't put that genie back in the bottle.

Kyras 01-04-2017 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by boltonblue (Post 24128816)
Folks who know me now would have a hard time believing I was very shy as a kid.
A few years working retail fixed that. can't put that genie back in the bottle.

Are you happier with being a :talk: ? I am.

Legal Bill 01-04-2017 06:13 PM

I'm very shy and reserved.

Lainey 01-04-2017 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
I'm very shy and reserved.

This is about as true as me saying I don't like chocolate

dlq04 01-04-2017 09:19 PM

Here's my 2 cents. As long as there is booze there will be Extroverts and as long as there is TV there will be Night Owls. Anyone can cross over if they are not already there.

Legal Bill 01-05-2017 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey (Post 24129416)
This is about as true as me saying I don't like chocolate

:lol:

Kyras 01-05-2017 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by dlq04 (Post 24129422)
Here's my 2 cents. As long as there is booze there will be Extroverts and as long as there is TV there will be Night Owls. Anyone can cross over if they are not already there.

True, when the booze is consumed.

Fokker 01-06-2017 10:24 AM

I have never had any luck finding someone that matches my sleep schedule. I've gone to bed at midnight and gotten up at 5am since high school. The other is not so hard as long as they aren't the social butterfly type; I'm an extrovert with a limited fuel tank and then I switch over to isolationist/introvert (I need my alone time to recharge).