S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Left turn Dumba$$es

Old 02-05-2013, 05:14 PM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Left turn Dumba$$es

On another forum which I frequent, I occasionally... cough, er, em, okay a LOT of the time, I post my rants about stuff that pisses me off. Well, they have become sort of the RMurphy Dumba$$es Series now. I thought I might share with you my latest Dumba$$es rant/post.

This one includes video.

WARNING... WARNING.... CUSSING CAN BE HEARD VERY CLEARLY IN THIS VIDEO. IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY HEARING A MIDDLE AGED WOMAN GRIPING, MUTTERING AND USING THE LORD'S NAME IN VAIN COUPLED WITH THE F-WORD, TURN OFF THE SOUND.

http://youtu.be/33-ElSWOiUw

I have this nifty dash cam thing that I picked up for all of $69 and I love it. It even has an input for a second camera which you can mount wherever you like (typically rear facing out the back window). Anyway, here is some footage I captured last night.

Driving after work yesterday. Some idiot is tailgating me in the slow lane (of all places!) so I change lanes to let him tailgate someone else, right? Thought I was safe. Things start getting entertaining about the 39-40 second mark. Watch very closely and you can just barely see as a VERY dark car enters the road from the left, crosses two lanes of traffic, but is very difficult to see (gee... wonder why) and only detectable by the fact that he blocks the view of the oncoming headlights in the process. Now, I didn't see that at the time it was happening. I notice him about the 45-47 second mark in the left hand turn lane. No tail lights. No signal. Did I mention dark colored car? Numbnuts decides to see if I'm paying attention, I guess.

Me blowing the horn was more of an afterthought to make my point, not to alert him to stop (since he already had at that point). Danged fool made me dump my purse on the floor into the passenger footwell. I hate that. Grr. I muttered obscenities about that driver's entire family tree for at least the next three minutes or so.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this on a daily basis. If I didn't love driving so much I'd walk everywhere.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Former Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 373 Posts

Old 02-05-2013, 05:27 PM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by dolsiac
I have this on a daily basis.
Well sure... but I've got it on video. nyah nyeh-nyah, nyah, nyah, nyahhhhh!!

oh wait... wrong forum for that. Hmm, I can BE vintage and still act like a kid, can't I?
Old 02-05-2013, 06:41 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Hey, we need a new computer network goddess. Our last one just retired.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:03 AM

Received 705 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
Hey, we need a new computer network goddess. Our last one just retired.
Love it. Post away, little Lady. I need to learn about new things to lust for (like sweet little dashcams, etc.)
Old 02-06-2013, 03:01 AM

Received 3,499 Likes on 2,366 Posts

ahh my dear Ms Murphy, I suspect you would not enjoy the driving experience here in Massachusetts and especially in urban Boston.

I have thought of getting a dash cam but aimed at the lane to my right.
A little push button auto uplink to the state cops for those folks texting away or reading their paperback.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 AM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

I like your videos. I think you have the basis for a new show on the Speed Channel. It could use something other than NASCAR.

A half hour of Driving LA cuts with commentary. I think it's a winner.

fltsfshr
Old 02-06-2013, 04:56 AM

Received 705 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
ahh my dear Ms Murphy, I suspect you would not enjoy the driving experience here in Massachusetts and especially in urban Boston.

I have thought of getting a dash cam but aimed at the lane to my right.
A little push button auto uplink to the state cops for those folks texting away or reading their paperback.
I've grown so accustomed to the totally straight highways and biways here that I'd probably be uttering words I never think of if I had to get in REAL traffic again. The only time traffic totally stinks down here is when the tourists come, don't know where they're going and they veer all over the place traveling at least 20 mph below the speed limit. The rest of the time a bunch of old people putter down the highway always in the left lane. I believe that in South Carolina the right lane is the passing lane.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:29 AM

Received 1,402 Likes on 763 Posts

Somewhat related. I stole this off another forum. Another Flori-DUH person getting ready to make a left-turn:

Quick Reply: Left turn Dumba$$es