S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The Limits of Civil Discussion on S2KI

Old 03-10-2013, 06:57 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Default The Limits of Civil Discussion on S2KI

Interesting....wonder how this S2KI rule relates to Vintage topics?

Rules

1. S2KI, its Administrators, Moderators and authorized agents, may remove, edit or move any content and/or delete, suspend or permanently bar any account at any time for any reason (or none at all) without notice or explanation.

2. You may not post any content or post links to any content which:
a) is hateful or incites hate against any person or group;
b) threatens harm toward any person, property or group;
c) depicts acts of violence, sexual exploitation or animal cruelty;
I don't expect much discussion on this topic b/c people will be too timid to voice an opinion. Surprise me!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:13 AM

Received 2,585 Likes on 1,566 Posts

I'm not too timid, which I'm sure you already know. Not sure why you posted this, but in the past Vintage COs/Admins have enforced the rules when necessary. Recently, I haven't seen any reason to, but I certainly would bring something up to Jim (S1997) or S2Ki Admins if necessary.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:58 AM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by paS2K
I'm not sure I understand the question. How that excerpt of the rules relates to Vintage is that they apply. Vintage, being a part of the S2ki website and forum, the S2ki rules apply.

I'm not sure how much discussion that requires or what opinions or timidness have to do with it. Is there something more to the question than I'm seeing?
Old 03-10-2013, 10:23 AM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

I think it works great. Once it get uncivil it's removed or sent to politics. The political forum is a great trash bag.

If there's a problem it's once in awhile people try to create an issue from a civil conversation to promote whatever position they want to push. Sometimes they'll create or pollute an existing thread for that purpose. Everyone recognizes it for what it is. I assume they do that because they're bored and I don't begrudge them their boredom. I figure they're trying to reach out and stimulate conversation.

Works for me, I already know everything there is to know about an S2000.

fltsfshr
Old 03-10-2013, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Originally Posted by paS2K' timestamp='1362927438' post='22393181
I'm not sure I understand the question. How that excerpt of the rules relates to Vintage is that they apply. Vintage, being a part of the S2ki website and forum, the S2ki rules apply.

I'm not sure how much discussion that requires or what opinions or timidness have to do with it. Is there something more to the question than I'm seeing?
Gracious! Oh no, just wondering....
Old 03-10-2013, 11:02 AM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by paS2K
Gracious! Oh no, just wondering....
That's the part that has me confused: just wondering what? It seems obvious; there are rules and they apply. But I've been known to misunderstand before so I'm trying to figure out what exactly is it that you're wondering about here?
Old 03-10-2013, 11:24 AM

Received 706 Likes on 433 Posts

I don't plan on posting anything of the nature the rules are against, so I'm cool with the rules.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Former Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 373 Posts

^^^ I agree.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Former Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by fltsfshr
I think it works great. Once it get uncivil it's removed or sent to politics. The political forum is a great trash ...
fltsfshr
I don't totally agree. The Politics Subforum is not intended to be a remedy for uncivil posting conduct. The rules apply there as well. The Politics Subforum is there for members who enjoy civil political discussions.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by S1997
^^^ I agree.
Just to get some further clarification, Jim:

If I start a thread entitled "Means of Capital Punishment" and add the subtitle "Not a Political Thead", it's OK for people to carry on discussions in the main forum about disembowelment, protocol of a firing squad, the effect of the Rack, product specs of drugs that can extinguish life and the length of time it takes, types of handcuffs and other restraints that can be used to secure the guilty party, effects on the body after hanging as a means of execution, etc. Posting pictures of products would also be ok....just like a new set of rims or the view of your engine compartment with strut tower brace and blower.

Capital punishment is a law in most states, so comments on these topics would not relate to torture or bodily harm per se. As long as no one verges into what conservatives and liberals believe about capital punishment, then it would be ok....correct?

Quick Reply: The Limits of Civil Discussion on S2KI