S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

List of new cars with manual transmissions

Old 04-30-2018, 03:10 PM

Received 4,930 Likes on 2,990 Posts
Default List of new cars with manual transmissions

Thanks to Joel Stocksdale of Autoblog for putting together this exhaustive list:
  • Audi A4 (Quattro models only), A5 Coupe (All models)
  • BMW 230i Coupe (RWD only), M240i (RWD only), 320i Sedan (RWD only),330i Sedan (RWD only), 340i Sedan, 430i Coupe (RWD only), 440i Coupe, 430i Gran Coupe (RWD only), M2, M3, M4, M6 Gran Coupe
  • Cadillac ATS (I4 RWD only), ATS-V
  • Chevrolet Camaro, Colorado (Base I4 RWD only), Corvette, Cruze (2018, all trims/engines except Premier), Sonic, Spark
  • Dodge Challenger (V8 only, except Demon)
  • Fiat 124 Spider, 500, 500X (Pop FWD only)
  • Ford Fiesta (All trims/engines except Titanium), Focus sedan (S, SE I3), Focus Hatchback (ST, RS), Mustang
  • Genesis G70 (I4 RWD only)
  • Honda Accord (Sport 1.5L/2.0L), Civic sedan/coupe (LX, EX-T, Si), Civic hatchback (LX, Sport, Type R), Fit, HR-V (LX FWD, EX FWD)
  • Hyundai Accent (SE), Elantra (SE, Sport), Elantra GT, Veloster (2018, Base, Turbo R-Spec, Turbo), Veloster (2019, Base, Turbo R-Spec, Turbo Ultimate, N)
  • Jaguar F-Type (340- and 380-hp V6 RWD only)
  • Jeep Compass (Sport, Latitude, all drivetrains), Renegade (Sport, Latitude, Altitude, all drivetrains), Wrangler JK, Wrangler JL (V6)
  • Kia Forte (LX only), Forte5 (SX only), Rio (LX only), Soul (Base only)
  • Lotus Evora
  • Mazda3, Mazda6 (Sport only), MX-5 Miata
  • Mini Cooper Clubman, Cooper Countryman (All trims/powertrains except S FWD and PHEV), Cooper Hardtop, Cooper Convertible
  • Mitsubishi Mirage (ES only), Outlander Sport (ES only)
  • Nissan 370Z, Frontier (King Cab: S RWD, SV RWD; Crew Cab: S RWD, SV 4WD, Pro-4X), Sentra (S, Nismo Audi A4 (Quattro models only), A5 Coupe (All models)
  • Porsche 718 Boxster, 718 Cayman, 911 (except Turbo S Exclusive, GT3 RS, GT2 RS)
  • Subaru BRZ, Crosstrek (Base and Premium), Impreza (Base only), Forester (2018, Base 2.5L and Premium 2.5L only), WRX/STI
  • Toyota 86, Corolla sedan (SE only), Corolla iM/hatchback, Tacoma (TRD Sport: Access Cab, Double Cab; TRD Off-Road: Double Cab; TRD Pro), iA/sedan, hatchback (L 3-door only)
  • Volkswagen Golf (S, SE, S SportWagen, S 4Motion SportWagen, S Alltrack, SE Alltrack, all GTI, all Golf R), Jetta (2018, 1.4L only), GLI (2018),(2019, S only)
Old 04-30-2018, 03:12 PM

As you can see its a dwindling list but more than I would have guessed.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:01 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I agree, Dave. Note well the RWD only configurations for many of them. Manufacturers pair AWD and automatics to reduce the market for the manual.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:18 PM

Received 2,508 Likes on 1,513 Posts

I'm surprised at so many available models.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:17 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
I'm surprised at so many available models.
Available, yes. On the dealers lot? Not so much.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:24 PM

Received 3,499 Likes on 2,366 Posts

But how many are actually stick and not DCT paddle shifters.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:38 PM

Received 458 Likes on 270 Posts

I have two comments about this topic.

The first is back in 1998 a long time friend of mine decided to trade in his Ford Explorer (four door) (with every option available at the time, including power captains chairs) XLT with a manual transmission (one of only two that I have ever seen) because it did not have the towing capacity to tow the new boat that he wanted. At the time he lived in Columbia, Maryland, which is between Baltimore and Washington, DC. He advertised in both the Baltimore Sun and the Washington Post for over a month while his GMC Yukon was on order. He never got a single nibble. One night he called me up when the dealer informed him that his new vehicle would be delivered on Thursday. The dealer offered him $6,000 for it. Knowing that it was worth more than that, with the +1 tires, Bilsteen Gas Shocks, and upgraded IPD front and rear sway bars. He knew it would get wholesaled and shipped to the south, it was mine if I wanted it. So, we wrote him a check and drove it for another 100K+ miles. Perhaps the best $6K dollars I have ever spent.

My second comment is more current: As our Honda Fit Sport has a five speed manual transmission and living in the Washington DC Metro area. I have learned to really pay attention to my rear view mirror when starting out from an intersection. As so many vehicles are hybrids or have CVT's. I can not get across an intersection without shifting into second gear. About twice a week I almost get rear ended by the vehicle behind me that is not expecting me to shift.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA
My second comment is more current: As our Honda Fit Sport has a five speed manual transmission and living in the Washington DC Metro area. I have learned to really pay attention to my rear view mirror when starting out from an intersection. As so many vehicles are hybrids or have CVT's. I can not get across an intersection without shifting into second gear. About twice a week I almost get rear ended by the vehicle behind me that is not expecting me to shift.
The acceleration of hybrids and EVs is impressive, and something the owners likely take for granted without realizing 'how it used to be'.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:14 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Out of 4 cars, I've got 3 sticks.

We jumped on out BMW 335xi because the boss and I like sticks ( and our grown children drive them).

All of the "Manual" auto trans I had were slow shifting gimmicks.

BUT- the paddler shifters I've tested work very,very well as shifters and are getting better

The classic stick transmissions are functionally obsolete but are more fun ( and are good theft prevention)
Old 05-01-2018, 09:28 AM

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

We have all manuals and the only “other” we ever owned was an EVO X with a Dual clutch transmission. It was a very fast car with paddles, up/down on the selector or just let the car decide. After four years traded for Joanne’s BRZ because I felt I was not in Control and we had visions of the expense when Mr. Mitsubishi was not paying for all the computers that controlled the magic.

Quick Reply: List of new cars with manual transmissions