S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

A little surgery

Old 02-06-2019, 01:03 PM

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

The question is do you know get all the Sat radio/Directv channels
Old 02-06-2019, 01:21 PM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

Good to hear all is going well, now they will make you get in that "do you have any metal in you lane" at the airport.
I do love that bonnet.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:55 PM

Received 219 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill

You know, Bill, I'm thinking that would look so much better in a dark red velvet with a big rosette on the side.

Glad you are on this side of the procedure. Get well soon.

An amusing medical side note: I spent yesterday morning in a cardiology lab getting an echo and a stress test with the radioactive stuff. They actually gave me a card to carry for a few days in case I set off any detectors in a government sensitive facility that would explain why I was radioactive. I think this might be how Peter Parker turned into Spiderman.

Old 02-06-2019, 03:08 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
So what is the order of layering for the hole repair? Bone/mesh/skin? I'm a bit confused. How large an incision is on the outside of your head? It's all very interesting.
It is difficult to follow without a diagram. Remember that your cranium is only part of your skull. We are aware of the portion of the cranium above our ears as we can see the dome of everyone’s head. But the cranium also supports the brain from below in an area of the head that we can’t see. The bottom of the brain bowl if you will. The cyst was located in the middle ear area called the mastoid. You have to drill through bone to find it. If there were two imaginary lines, one going through your head just under the outside corner of your Eye and the other going through your head just behind your ear, the point where those lines intersect inside your head was the location of the cyst. The cyst grew up against the bottom of the cranium bowl and erroded a hole right through it. So that is hole number 1.

Now, to drain the cyst out, remove it and patch the hole in the bottom of your cranium, the doctors cut a piece out of the side of your cranium. Through this hole they move your brain aside and then put the piece of bone they cut out of the side of your cranium into the hole the cyst made in the bottom of your cranium. Then they cover the hole in the side of your cranium with the titanium mesh.

So the order on the side they cut open goes brain, dura, mesh, muscle, skin. No bone. Got it?
Old 02-06-2019, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by SheDrivesIt
You know, Bill, I'm thinking that would look so much better in a dark red velvet with a big rosette on the side.

Glad you are on this side of the procedure. Get well soon.

An amusing medical side note: I spent yesterday morning in a cardiology lab getting an echo and a stress test with the radioactive stuff. They actually gave me a card to carry for a few days in case I set off any detectors in a government sensitive facility that would explain why I was radioactive. I think this might be how Peter Parker turned into Spiderman.
Agree. I want to paint a red rose on that bump on the side.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:12 PM

Received 2,585 Likes on 1,566 Posts

I think so. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:55 PM

Received 4,930 Likes on 2,990 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill

It is difficult to follow without a diagram. Remember that your cranium is only part of your skull. We are aware of the portion of the cranium above our ears as we can see the dome of everyone’s head. But the cranium also supports the brain from below in an area of the head that we can’t see. The bottom of the brain bowl if you will. The cyst was located in the middle ear area called the mastoid. You have to drill through bone to find it. If there were two imaginary lines, one going through your head just under the outside corner of your Eye and the other going through your head just behind your ear, the point where those lines intersect inside your head was the location of the cyst. The cyst grew up against the bottom of the cranium bowl and erroded a hole right through it. So that is hole number 1.

Now, to drain the cyst out, remove it and patch the hole in the bottom of your cranium, the doctors cut a piece out of the side of your cranium. Through this hole they move your brain aside and then put the piece of bone they cut out of the side of your cranium into the hole the cyst made in the bottom of your cranium. Then they cover the hole in the side of your cranium with the titanium mesh.

So the order on the side they cut open goes brain, dura, mesh, muscle, skin. No bone. Got it?
I don't know about Perky but that was enough detail for me!! I hope the finish goes as well as the start.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by MsPerky
I think so. Thanks.
You are welcome.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:01 PM

Received 3,500 Likes on 2,367 Posts

While your words were very descriptive, most do it yourself guides are far more helpful with in process pictures.
I'm sorry I can only give you 2.5 stars.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:42 PM
Community Organizer

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
While your words were very descriptive, most do it yourself guides are far more helpful with in process pictures.
I'm sorry I can only give you 2.5 stars.

Quick Reply: A little surgery