S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Vintage Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/)
-   -   A little surgery (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/little-surgery-1190664/)

MAGGIEMAE 02-06-2019 01:03 PM

The question is do you know get all the Sat radio/Directv channels :cool:

Zippy 02-06-2019 01:21 PM

Good to hear all is going well, now they will make you get in that "do you have any metal in you lane" at the airport.
I do love that bonnet. :)

SheDrivesIt 02-06-2019 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Legal Bill (Post 24563057)

You know, Bill, I'm thinking that would look so much better in a dark red velvet with a big rosette on the side. :)

Glad you are on this side of the procedure. Get well soon.

An amusing medical side note: I spent yesterday morning in a cardiology lab getting an echo and a stress test with the radioactive stuff. They actually gave me a card to carry for a few days in case I set off any detectors in a government sensitive facility that would explain why I was radioactive. I think this might be how Peter Parker turned into Spiderman.

Legal Bill 02-06-2019 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by MsPerky (Post 24563157)
So what is the order of layering for the hole repair? Bone/mesh/skin? I'm a bit confused. How large an incision is on the outside of your head? It's all very interesting. :)

It is difficult to follow without a diagram. Remember that your cranium is only part of your skull. We are aware of the portion of the cranium above our ears as we can see the dome of everyone’s head. But the cranium also supports the brain from below in an area of the head that we can’t see. The bottom of the brain bowl if you will. The cyst was located in the middle ear area called the mastoid. You have to drill through bone to find it. If there were two imaginary lines, one going through your head just under the outside corner of your Eye and the other going through your head just behind your ear, the point where those lines intersect inside your head was the location of the cyst. The cyst grew up against the bottom of the cranium bowl and erroded a hole right through it. So that is hole number 1.

Now, to drain the cyst out, remove it and patch the hole in the bottom of your cranium, the doctors cut a piece out of the side of your cranium. Through this hole they move your brain aside and then put the piece of bone they cut out of the side of your cranium into the hole the cyst made in the bottom of your cranium. Then they cover the hole in the side of your cranium with the titanium mesh.

So the order on the side they cut open goes brain, dura, mesh, muscle, skin. No bone. Got it?

Legal Bill 02-06-2019 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by SheDrivesIt (Post 24563208)
You know, Bill, I'm thinking that would look so much better in a dark red velvet with a big rosette on the side. :)

Glad you are on this side of the procedure. Get well soon.

An amusing medical side note: I spent yesterday morning in a cardiology lab getting an echo and a stress test with the radioactive stuff. They actually gave me a card to carry for a few days in case I set off any detectors in a government sensitive facility that would explain why I was radioactive. I think this might be how Peter Parker turned into Spiderman.

Agree. I want to paint a red rose on that bump on the side.

MsPerky 02-06-2019 03:12 PM

I think so. Thanks.

dlq04 02-06-2019 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Legal Bill (Post 24563235)

It is difficult to follow without a diagram. Remember that your cranium is only part of your skull. We are aware of the portion of the cranium above our ears as we can see the dome of everyone’s head. But the cranium also supports the brain from below in an area of the head that we can’t see. The bottom of the brain bowl if you will. The cyst was located in the middle ear area called the mastoid. You have to drill through bone to find it. If there were two imaginary lines, one going through your head just under the outside corner of your Eye and the other going through your head just behind your ear, the point where those lines intersect inside your head was the location of the cyst. The cyst grew up against the bottom of the cranium bowl and erroded a hole right through it. So that is hole number 1.

Now, to drain the cyst out, remove it and patch the hole in the bottom of your cranium, the doctors cut a piece out of the side of your cranium. Through this hole they move your brain aside and then put the piece of bone they cut out of the side of your cranium into the hole the cyst made in the bottom of your cranium. Then they cover the hole in the side of your cranium with the titanium mesh.

So the order on the side they cut open goes brain, dura, mesh, muscle, skin. No bone. Got it?

I don't know about Perky but that was enough detail for me!! I hope the finish goes as well as the start.

Legal Bill 02-06-2019 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by MsPerky (Post 24563238)
I think so. Thanks.

You are welcome.

boltonblue 02-06-2019 06:01 PM

While your words were very descriptive, most do it yourself guides are far more helpful with in process pictures.
I'm sorry I can only give you 2.5 stars.

Pinky 02-06-2019 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by boltonblue (Post 24563292)
While your words were very descriptive, most do it yourself guides are far more helpful with in process pictures.
I'm sorry I can only give you 2.5 stars.

:worthless: