S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

A little surgery

Old 02-15-2019, 10:39 AM

Received 4,930 Likes on 2,990 Posts

Holly Molly Bill, that's an ear full. Bet you are not sleeping on that side. Good to hear its all going well.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:29 AM

Received 3,500 Likes on 2,367 Posts

Time for an update, how's the hole in the head doing Bill?
Old 03-25-2019, 11:32 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Everything seems fine except range of motion of my jaw. It is still a little painful to eat a burger.

No dizziness or equilibrium problems. My tinnitus is better than before the surgery, but still there. I think my hearing is improved slightly, but I go back for a final check-up in four or five months and will have a hearing test then. I've started lifting weights again. Very light to start, but the point is I don't feel any pressure in the area of the surgery when I lift.

I still worry about what happens when I hit a hard bump in the car or go airborne in the boat over a wave someday. I have this persistent vision of my brain going momentarily weightless in my cranium and the bone plug floating out of the hole it is sitting in. Then I land hard and my brain slams down on a pointy edge of the loose plug and that's all she wrote! Ha ha. What an imagination, huh?

Thanks for asking.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:34 PM

Received 2,585 Likes on 1,566 Posts

^ Well, that would be a fast demise and a good one from your perspective, right? Doing something you love. Sounds like things are going well for the most part.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:05 PM

Received 219 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill

I still worry about what happens when I hit a hard bump in the car or go airborne in the boat over a wave someday. I have this persistent vision of my brain going momentarily weightless in my cranium and the bone plug floating out of the hole it is sitting in. Then I land hard and my brain slams down on a pointy edge of the loose plug and that's all she wrote! Ha ha. What an imagination, huh?
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
Old 03-25-2019, 02:35 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Glad to hear you are healing well Bill.
Levi
Old 03-26-2019, 09:43 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

.........I still worry about what happens when I hit a hard bump in the car or go airborne in the boat over a wave someday. I have this persistent vision of my brain going momentarily weightless in my cranium and the bone plug floating out of the hole it is sitting in. Then I land hard and my brain slams down on a pointy edge of the loose plug and that's all she wrote! ........
Bill .....To alleviate that possibility I suggest removing a couple of motors from the back of your vessel.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:39 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Ha ha. That boat's famous on the internet, Paul.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:49 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ha ha. That boat's famous on the internet, Paul.
Damn..... I was sure that was a picture I took of your boat when we were at your house while attending the Nor'Easter in 2008.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:14 PM

Received 697 Likes on 473 Posts

Everything seems fine except range of motion of my jaw. It is still a little painful to eat a burger.

No dizziness or equilibrium problems. My tinnitus is better than before the surgery, but still there. I think my hearing is improved slightly, but I go back for a final check-up in four or five months and will have a hearing test then. I've started lifting weights again. Very light to start, but the point is I don't feel any pressure in the area of the surgery when I lift.

Thanks for asking.
The good news is that not eating a burger due to a little pain will help with the weight loss.

Quick Reply: A little surgery