S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

A little surgery

Old 01-08-2019, 08:49 AM

Received 2,507 Likes on 1,512 Posts

Bill, I have gone under the knife 11 times including a triple bypass. They always tell you the terrible things that could happen (I think it is a lawyer thing). What they miss is that you could be hit by a car in the parking lot or slip in the shower the day before etc. I alway listen but never worry. Sure they could happen but i'll take my chances.

I know everything will work out fine for you and you will be back here straightening out those of us that need it.

Now, if you are doubting your doctor just keep in mind that I have a drill and a hole saw kit....plus I stayed at a Holiday Inn once! I bet I could Dave and Bolton to help....
Old 01-08-2019, 04:46 PM

Received 3,499 Likes on 2,366 Posts

got my dremel. and a variety of Milwaukee M18 tools. although the 1/2" ratchet probably won;t be very useful unless you want some Frankenstein bolts.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:06 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

So the pre-op consult with the primary care doc didn't go as well as I had expected last week. It seems my EKG looks a tiny bit different today than it did five or ten years ago. It is perfectly normal, but looks slightly different. So... Now I have to go for a stress test. Sounds like a medical company revenue enhancement program to me, but hey, what do I know.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:33 AM

Received 4,929 Likes on 2,989 Posts

Hopefully it is nothing serious Bill. One thing for sure most of the medical programs know how to keep generating revenue.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:33 PM
tof

Received 1,914 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
So the pre-op consult with the primary care doc didn't go as well as I had expected last week. It seems my EKG looks a tiny bit different today than it did five or ten years ago. It is perfectly normal, but looks slightly different. So... Now I have to go for a stress test. Sounds like a medical company revenue enhancement program to me, but hey, what do I know.
About 10 years ago, my doctor said I would have to consult a cardiologist before he could prescribe a med he wanted me on. I had risk factors for cardiovascular issues that would contraindicate the med.

So I went to the referred cardiologist.

Cardiologist ran an EKG and found it suspicious so he ordered a stress test.
Results of the stress test were inconclusive so he ordered a thallium stress test.
Results of the thallium stress test were inconclusive so he ordered a cardiac cath exam.
Results of THAT procedure showed only one slight narrowing of a relatively unimportant cardiac artery branch. Thus, the cardiologist decided two things:
1. The anomaly he saw in the original EKG was almost certainly the result of minor electrical issues rather than any structural problems in my cardiovascular system.
2. He would be able to easily make that month's boat payment.

Here's hoping your diagnostic path is much shorter and more conclusive.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by tof
About 10 years ago, my doctor said I would have to consult a cardiologist before he could prescribe a med he wanted me on. I had risk factors for cardiovascular issues that would contraindicate the med.

So I went to the referred cardiologist.

Cardiologist ran an EKG and found it suspicious so he ordered a stress test.
Results of the stress test were inconclusive so he ordered a thallium stress test.
Results of the thallium stress test were inconclusive so he ordered a cardiac cath exam.
Results of THAT procedure showed only one slight narrowing of a relatively unimportant cardiac artery branch. Thus, the cardiologist decided two things:
1. The anomaly he saw in the original EKG was almost certainly the result of minor electrical issues rather than any structural problems in my cardiovascular system.
2. He would be able to easily make that month's boat payment.

Here's hoping your diagnostic path is much shorter and more conclusive.
Thanks Mike. that story sounds about right. You should have seen the "difference" that my doctor pointed out between the two examinations. Imagine the print-out of an EKG and picture one little vertical line that was less that a 1/16th of an inch long in the middle of the page. That little line showed up five or ten years ago, but not last week. The doc couldn't even explain why the little line was present five years ago, just that it wasn't present now.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:41 PM

Received 3,499 Likes on 2,366 Posts

the flip side of that Bill, is even after 4 stents my EKG has never changed. although never had a heart attack though.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:00 PM

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Well that's annoying Bill. Can they get the testing done quickly enough to not have to postpone the surgery?
Old 01-18-2019, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Well that's annoying Bill. Can they get the testing done quickly enough to not have to postpone the surgery?

Wednesday next week.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:03 PM

Received 2,507 Likes on 1,512 Posts

We hope everything goes well for you Bill.

Quick Reply: A little surgery