S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Midlife crisis ultimate thrill. Skydiving!

Old 10-20-2003, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midlife crisis ultimate thrill. Skydiving!

Mid life crisis? You've got the S2000. Now.....
Jump at 15,000 ft. Get sucked out that door 3 miles high and fall for 60 seconds at 125 mph. Open the chute and drift like a hawk for another 5 minuets. Wow what a view! Caution. Anything that can flap will flap at 125 mph.
Geronimo! If you haven't tried it, put it on your to do list and be one of the few that can say you have done it. Caveat. It is addictive.
When you're down, go get a tattoo!

Old 10-20-2003, 10:03 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When's the next outing? I missed the last one because of work. I'm up for one in 2004. I'm booked up for the rest of this year.
Old 10-20-2003, 12:41 PM

Been there, done that -- and I didn't even wait for midlife!
I was 20 when I jumped, but only from 4,000 feet. Still, it was an awsome experience. It was over the Nevada desert on a 106-degree day, so the thermals kept me in the air for what seemed like forever.
I summersaulted when I landed. Good thing I was wearing a helmet! Never got tattooed, but maybe I'll do it again.
Great photo, BTW!
Old 10-20-2003, 01:27 PM

I think I'd rather have teenage kids littering the house.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:52 PM

I spent much of my free time during my college days jumping. In fact, I met my wife at the drop zone. I wonder how many others in the vintage ranks have jumped? I wonder if any others know what SCR or SCS means?

Anyone else jump from a DC3? (I've ridden in one twice, but never landed in one.) Or a Skyvan? (Last one out gets to hop in the air and freefall out the door!) Seems like forever ago...

Tony
Old 10-20-2003, 06:16 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Great photo!
Old 10-20-2003, 06:37 PM

I've never had the urge to jump, but I did a tandem paraglide this summer. It was scarier to watch others doing it than it was to actually do it. Thought I wanted to take it up but my first search on the internet to learn more turned up two memorials. So I bought the S instead.

That does look like fun though.

Gary
Old 10-22-2003, 08:43 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Skydiving was such a rush for me.

I've checked that one off my list, as well as the following;

- Fly an airplane (multiple now)
- Race in a Stock Car (Oval - Palmdale, Street - Willow Springs)
- Suba Dive in Hawaii
- Ride a glider plane (lots of acrobatics)
- Solo roadtrip across the U.S. (prolonged rush, great adventure)

still have to do;

- Hanggliding / Parasailing
- Bungee Jump
- Drive the Autobahn (in my S)
- Hole in one (darn luck)
Old 10-22-2003, 08:44 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Skydiving was such a rush for me.

I've checked that one off my list, as well as the following;

- Fly an airplane (multiple now)
- Race in a Stock Car (Oval - Palmdale, Street - Willow Springs)
- Suba Dive in Hawaii
- Ride a glider plane (lots of acrobatics)
- Solo roadtrip across the U.S. (prolonged rush, great adventure)
- Jetski on the bay

still have to do;

- Hanggliding / Parasailing
- Bungee Jump
- Drive the Autobahn (in my S)
- Hole in one (darn luck)
Old 10-23-2003, 05:17 AM

Hockey: Did you jump solo or tandem. Out here, we have to take a class and pay a decent amount of $$$ to jump solo. As if a tandem jump were cheap! I'm thinking of taking the class. As if was, it was so hard to get out that door. It just isn't natural to leave that plane 15,000 ft up in the air. The rest isn't so bad for me. I don't mind it once I'm out. I just get nervous during the climb and edging towards the door once we reach our jump altitude. I've jumped three times so far. First time was for my gal friend that talked me into it. My second jump was with my daughter and gal friends daughter for her 18th birthday. My third jump was with my daughter and 6 of her friends, gal friend and her son for his 18th birthday. My last was a great jump because I had a lot of air time. I really get a blast out of first timers. They get so nervous. I'm not sure about bungee jumping. Doesn't look good for your back. I've had lower back problems off and on for awhile. Too much lifting over the years. I guess it would either break it or straighten it out real good. What next? I like the ocean but not real keen on getting with sharks. I've swam and cliff dived in Hawaii but I do freak thanks to "Jaws." I'd really like to fly an airplane. Last week we went to the California Air Show. Saw the "Thunderbirds." That's what I want to fly. An F15 or F18. When those jets climbed to 3 miles in seconds, I kept thinking of how high we were when we jumped and how long it took us to get there. The jet was there in 10 seconds. Awesome!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Midlife crisis ultimate thrill. Skydiving!